Dampen Vibrations

DonaldKieu

Reaction score
Country
United States
In my car, I have a very stiff suspension setup which transfers as vibrations into my dash cam videos, as of now, I've tried all the mounts that came with the cam and they all still have the effect. However I've had GoPros mounted in the same position and those videos come out perfect which further convinces me that the mounts are not that great.

I've searched around and the main thing is that people say to use a stiff mount. I'm not sure exactly what that means or how I would go about acquiring one because the camera's attachment method seems different from say a go pro mount.

Does anyone know where I can get a good mount? and if better, a diy solution?

Thanks

It sounds like you have a pretty rough ride.

Out of the 4 included, the most stiff mount will be the large ball socket clear suction cup mount. The problem is the very small surface area of the connection between main unit body and mount. Panorama S has much stiffer connection solution using the teeth grip fixed U-Bolt bracket.

We need to find a very short universal T-peg 3m mount without ball-joints, that only adjusts vertically, but this limits side adjustments.

It's still ball socket, but maybe try this shorter one? (not 100% sure it would work, but the T-Bracket peg is the right size on top)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131482295310I'm still looking for other choices out there. It's only a problem for very rough rides though.

GUHS3Hz.png

WHat kind of vibrations are you getting? Just jerky movement or something else?

Back