flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

I almost went caca in my pants this morning :D

Some wakeup call :eek:

Good job the hard shoulder/emergency lane was clear.

sure he had a few lanes to cross - possible mistake or carelessness - at least he was signaling. His action seemed pretty obvious/predictable from the short video.

I used to be an over aggressive driver trying to *correct* or *catch* others. One thing that has made me a calmer, happier person: I always try to give someone who is obviously *working*, the benefit of the doubt.

now *dual trailers* on busy highways w/ poor signage is another issue for me.

His action seemed pretty obvious/predictable from the short video.

I thought he was signaling for a lane change, then for the next exit directly behind this. I wasn't expecting him to come all the way across and I was not going to challenge a 18 wheeler with my dinky car :D If he wanted to get off of this highway at that point, he was needed to be in my lane way earlier on.

If I knew he wanted to exit earlier, I would have slowed down and let him over. But when I did realize this, it was too late and there were cars behind me so I couldn't have slammed on the brakes without causing a multi-car crash. I had to drive on the side shoulder. This guy needs some re-training for sure.

Probably just confused at which turning to come off, had it happen myself but would probably get into a closer lane to turning. He did indicate which helps.

With the benefit of hindsight, it's always easy to avoid these accidents.
We are watching a DC clip - so we are expecting something to happen
We have a brief explanation "dangerous UPS truck driver" - again, we KNOW something will happen.
in this instance, I have only ever seen UPS using the transit vans - so seeing this big rig was a surprise for me.
When you're at the speed limit, you often don't notice these things until you're committed.

I had another run in with a large truck today. This time it was a rental. I wasn't paying any attention to him and was concentrating on my lane and looking out for any cars merging onto the highway from the right. Next thing you know, the yellow truck pulls into my lane causing me to slam on my brakes and going around him.

He did have his turn signals on but I was not paying attention to his side. Oh well.

That wouldn't have happened in the UK because we're not allowed to undertake. You have a couple of driving rules which I think we should adopt in the UK, undertaking on highways/motorways, because we still have a lot of drivers who think it's OK to hog the wrong lane, especially if they're driving at or near the speed limit, and permitting a right turn on red (would be a left turn for us).

Back