Dash Cam 55 randomly recording travelapse

Dash2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I purchased a Garmin 55 dash cam a couple of weeks ago, downloaded & installed the latest firmware (3.40) & so far have been very impressed.

I'm currently using the cigarette lighter cable to power it, which in my car is powered on all the time, so unless I remember to pull the plug out the camera is in use 24/7. The intention is to hard wire it but just haven't got round to it yet.

Video quality is excellent, love how small & unobtrusive the cam is, I've turned down the volume so all the annoying beeps are only just audible. My one issue is that various files are being saved, seemingly randomly, mainly travelapse videos & the occasional photograph. I'm not concerned re. the latter, but some of the travelapse files are taking up quite a bit of storage space. I've just checked now & there's 9 of them from the last 3 days & I've hardly been out in the car during that time. None of these were requested via a voice command. I suspect if I turn off voice control it will resolve this issue, but I quite like the voice control feature & would prefer to keep it on. Also, two of the travelapse videos are in the middle of the night, so it's not like anyone was in the car talking to trigger the thing :unsure:.

Is anyone else having similar issues & are there any suggestions to resolve it?

Cheers

Dash :cool:

Same here, apparently hearing voice commands from music played in car. A bit irritating

Thank you for your reply Sefardius (y). I'll live with the problem for now as I'd rather keep voice command switched on, it'll maybe just mean re-formatting the memory card quite frequently.

Cheers

Dash :cool:

Back