Dash Cam 55 stop working during driving

tibell

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
It's second time, I found the red light are off during driving (it should be on), 'enter' button feedback a short 'di' sound and red light flash one time, no response on all other buttons' operation.

I tried plugout power cable and re-plugin, but no help;

After swith off and switch on my car, sometime Dash Cam 55 back to restart GUI and back to work. I checked the video and found recoding was stopped during driving (not on switch on or off my car)

The battery almost full when it's back to work, so I don't think it's power issue.

I use offical park cable connect my car to Dash Cam 55.

Anyone meet this issue?

Thank you!

Did you try with a different card?

Did you try with a different card?

I tried format card, but no help to resolve that problem.

The card that I used is 8GB Garmin provided. I haven't try change a new card but I will try later.

Also update the firmware to the latest version.

I have the same issue, during my drive to work the unit just went dead. The charger is working fine, i tried using a different card and no card with no luck.

I have the same issue, during my drive to work the unit just went dead. The charger is working fine, i tried using a different card and no card with no luck.

I ordered a 64GB SANDISK ULTRA microSD UHS-I CARD already, will test

Report:

The problem seems be resolved by changed to a new 64GB SANDISK ULTRA microSD UHS-I CARD.

I am having the same problem as tibell, after approximately 40 minutes of recording the camera shuts down, I unplug it and 10 minutes later plug back in and camera starts up again. Using a 64gb Sandisk Ultra XD-1, tried the 8gb that came with the camera and same issue. Found that the Camera is getting hot around the power button after 30 to 45 minutes of operation my digital thermometer read 159*F and shortly after shut down. The camera is only 2 months old and this issue just started. My previous DC 55 only lasted 2 weeks before Amazon replaced it with my current one. Contacted Garmin directly last week and sending it in for diagnostic and replacement. Apparently heat is a major issue with the 55.

Two or three times now my 55 simply doesn't start up when power is applied (I have the parking cable). Unplugging and reinserting the power cable generally fixes it for a while. I am running the current firmware (3.50). I haven't noticed it stop recording on its own.

Receive the replacement DC 55 yesterday so keeping my fingers crossed that maybe this one is OK. If this one craps out I'll try to exchange it for a 65. I have not seen any complaints about overheating with the 65.

OK, so one month later and still working without any heat problems. I do have made the effort to blast the defroster on super cold whenever I fist start the vehicle especially when it is 95*F in the shade.

Oddly enough, I was pulling into the car park at Kroger, and noticed there was no red light on my camera.
- I am running the latest firmware (3.70)
- Installed and in use, for 4 days
- Tried to power it on with the button, nothing
- I left it, went into Kroger
- Came out of Kroger, started my car, and it came on (I have the official Garmin Parking Mode cable)

It was not excessively hot on Tuesday. So, this was a weird one...

Oddly enough, I was pulling into the car park at Kroger, and noticed there was no red light on my camera.
- I am running the latest firmware (3.70)
- Installed and in use, for 4 days
- Tried to power it on with the button, nothing
- I left it, went into Kroger
- Came out of Kroger, started my car, and it came on (I have the official Garmin Parking Mode cable)

It was not excessively hot on Tuesday. So, this was a weird one...
As per my posting above, it was not all that hot in the truck in May however the camera was getting hot from an internal fault. Contact Garmin to keep your camera in warranty if nothing else.

Back