Dash Cam 56 for Speed Cameras

NC35

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
First Post, so thank you for accepting me on your forum and please be kind :)
Considering purchasing the Dash Cam 56, though primarily for it's safety and red camera notifications.
Just wondering what user experiences are ? Read so many reviews about the average quality of the camera, which doesn't worry me. As it must be on par or even better than my current dashcam.
Any feedback would be welcome.
TIA

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I think it depends on region where you drive.
For my country speed camera db are not the best quality.
Also - sometimes it show warning, sometimes at the same place- not. So be careful all the time! :)

Not much coverage in my region so I didn't renew my subscription.

You can see which cameras you can receive alerts about: Camera types are on, there is a GPS Power forum.
PS: my opinion is that all these notifications in the DVRs are like the fifth leg of a dog, the dashcam should record video, this is its main purpose.
In Russia, we have many police cameras and many DVRs with warning function. There is only one question left - how often will manufacturers update their SpeedCam database? Over time, all this makes no sense.
All this works much better on a smartphone, many users have already come to this conclusion ;)

PS: somewhere around 6 or 7 years ago a very good dashcam appeared in Russia with high quality recording and alerts about cameras based on SpeedCam - the Street Storm A7810-G_Pro dashcam, but the manufacturer was reluctant and irregularly updating the databases. So several members of the Russian Videoregforum .ru assembled and was engaged in the development of software for the whole year for the ability to quickly fill out the database and upload them to your dashcam. We did this, our site is working, and we update the database weekly.
It is unlikely that any manufacturer will do this and will constantly update the Speedcam database ...

PPS: I think that it is necessary to clarify the main thing: Garmin has nothing to do with developing dashcams that they sell under their own brand, they just buy OEM at some factory with their own sticker.
And Cyclops, and not Garmin itself, is developing and filling SpeedCam databases.

I don’t really trust brands with big names because they are known in a completely different field than the dashcam, because for these companies the dashcam is more like an inexpensive consumer product in order to occupy some other market niche without investing in it.

Last edited:
Back