Dash Cam and Car Bluetooth Connected at the same time

rock2011

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

Just bought a 522GW dash cam and want to use the Alexa functionality on this, but still be connected to the car Bluetooth for other things. Is this possible? I assume/hope so!

It might be simple, but I currently can't get the dash cam device added to Alexa (separate issue - 522GW won't show up in add device list no matter how hard I try!) so don't know if/how it will work until I've sorted that!

Thanks in advance

It can depend on your phone, more specifically Bluetooth version I think.

Years ago I had my SatNav and car paired. When I started the car it was a race between both devices which would connect first, but only 1 would.

Since I got my Samsung S10 I have my car and SatNav paired and both work OK together.

Hi there!

Just bought a 522GW dash cam and want to use the Alexa functionality on this, but still be connected to the car Bluetooth for other things. Is this possible? I assume/hope so!

It might be simple, but I currently can't get the dash cam device added to Alexa (separate issue - 522GW won't show up in add device list no matter how hard I try!) so don't know if/how it will work until I've sorted that!

Thanks in advance
I've had the same problem with a new 522GW & I've given up trying to use Alexa because, as you say, it doesn't show up in the list of devices.

I've had the same problem with a new 522GW & I've given up trying to use Alexa because, as you say, it doesn't show up in the list of devices.
Glad it's not just me. I keep meaning to call customer service but haven't got round to it. I wonder if I brought my dash cam inside I could get it added and then take it back outside but the cam was professionally installed and I don't want to mess with it!

I managed to get the Nextbase device to show up the other day, after I restarted the device but then the next step is to connect it and it just wouldn't connect, as if it got signal when it first turned on then lost it very soon after!

Glad it's not just me. I keep meaning to call customer service but haven't got round to it. I wonder if I brought my dash cam inside I could get it added and then take it back outside but the cam was professionally installed and I don't want to mess with it!

I managed to get the Nextbase device to show up the other day, after I restarted the device but then the next step is to connect it and it just wouldn't connect, as if it got signal when it first turned on then lost it very soon after!
I've set up a shed load of Alexa devices & I am well acquainted with the Alexa system, having 94 of them in our house. But I haven't yet succeeded with the NextBase 522GW.

All you have to do is pull the 522GW off it's magnetic mount & take it into the house, it's intended to be removable from the car.

Some Alexa devices have to be near to a router just for the set-up routine.

Last edited:
Back