Dash cam at the time car collision

If you can not play that file it is probably corrupted, this can happen for a few reasons in dashcams, it should not happen but it do on rare occasions..
And it can also some times be fixed, but to do that you need to run the file through some software that can fix things like that ( its not like people are fishing to see your accident footage )
I don't have that software so i cant help you.
A reason the file are bad can be failing memory card, or camera power source failing at the time of the impact.

The G sensor locked the file at the time impact to protect it will overwrite if my car ran out memory. My camera vendor went of business, I can't contact them

Please see the attached file. The snap shot shows the locked file is not in the folder. All files in folders will overwrite

Attachments

• UnlockedcameraFile.png
    UnlockedcameraFile.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 17
the 2014 file date on those folders is a worry, if it has been losing the date it will overwrite the wrong files

Ooooo yeah. :cry:

Seem like a camera stuck in a time loop around the default time of the clock, this improper time keeping can cause all kinds of problems.
One problem if there are older files on the memory card but the camera start with the default time every time you start the car, then the little space left will be constantly overwritten.

I am afraid you have lost out here with a failed camera and probably memory card too, and the user error of not keeping a eye on your devise, sadly this is a common mistake, people put a dashcam in the car and then forget all about it.
But sadly no dashcam are set and forget, and even if the camera are strong and last, then the memory card are often the weak link.

if as you say you have some of your drive recorded just fine, then i don't think it is the memory card that have failed ( don't think those can fail partly ) cards failing for me over the years have often gone into read only mode.
Meaning you can only copy stuff that is on the card but not put anything new on it or format it.
But if your clock start with the same time every time you start your car, then when you do that what ever you recorded before you stopped get written over as it is then the oldest footage on the memory card.

So say your default time of the camera are 0, and you then start your drive, then files get named 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 as they are recorded ( simplified but a progressing string of time/date filenames ) and so on after that, but if you then stop and start again and the clock reset to 0 then the file named 1 from the session you just drove will get deleted as it is the oldest file.
But then again if the memory card are not full it should not delete any old files to make room for new ones, so i am a bit confused on this matter.

How large is the memory card you are using ?

Ouch- I was afraid of that due to others reporting lost time/date issues with this cam, so that file may not be the one you need. But before you give up, here's some previous threads I had bookmarked for recovering lost/corrupt data; maybe something in them can be used to fix that file and with luck it might be the one you need.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/repair-software.41714/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/recover-from-corrupted-sd-card-usb-sd-card-reader-may-be-corrupting.18577/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/repair-corrupt-dashcam-video.38695/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...test-current-video-file-completely-lost.7488/

Take note that there are different programs/services/methods mentioned in several replies in some of these threads so at least scan through them all. Worst case scenario there are businesses who do this kind of work but most of them aren't cheap! You should also be thinking about getting a more reliable cam, there are plenty of good ones at all price levels these days.

Good luck on the file recovery and let us know the outcome!

Phil

Thank you so much. I will let you know.

What model of Falcon Zero Camera do you own? Older camera recorded in .MOV (Falcon Zero Touch HD)

I would suggest cloning your MicroSD card. Follow these steps: https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/clone-sd-card.html

By cloning the card, you'll have a 1 to 1 image of the entire contents which will allow us to:

Run recovery software in case the video is damage / deleted. And attempt recovery

If your camera overwrote the accident file somehow, then there's still a chance at recovering some of the video. Even if bits and pieces. Upload the image to Google Drive and share it here.

Last edited:
You just linked back to this thread....

Woops. Corrected. I've tested this file myself and tried going to websites that offer repair, nothing works. I think the OP's only hope is to clone the drive and hope like hell there's recoverable videos. Handy Recovery, EaseUs, etc might be of use.

I don't know what happened precisely, but the file naming structure is broken. Either the camera isn't working and writing gibberish, the sd card is bad, or the file format is proprietary and requires a special player by Falcon. I thought maybe the file was an .avs but no go. Everything I tried failed.

My camera Facon Zero, model F360 + dual HD mirror cam video recorder

https://www.dashcamgurus.com/incredisonic-falcon-zero-f360-hd-full-review/

If the review is accurate, the camera records in AVI. You've got a MAJOR issue going on either because the clock wasn't set, and files are getting overwritten. Or because the card / camera has an issue. Either way, I suggest you yank out the card, create an image based on the above link, and upload. The more the card gets written to, the less chances of recovery. Something is wrong as the video, if avi, is absolutely unplayable.

Last edited:
There are some file recovery methods which sometimes work without resorting to the cost of a forensic data recovery service. The key to any of this is to protect whatever data that still exists first and foremost. Do not use the card or use any program which writes to it or alters the files on it.

Phil

There are some file recovery methods which sometimes work without resorting to the cost of a forensic data recovery service. The key to any of this is to protect whatever data that still exists first and foremost. Do not use the card or use any program which writes to it or alters the files on it.

Phil

He'd be wise to image the card so that any additional recovery doesn't attempt future reads or writes. Especially if the car is failing.

Back