Dash Cam Battery To Cigarette Rather Than Hard Wired?

ilovepurple159

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I guess one of my main questions is if I were to go with this method, would the battery potential drain the vehicles battery? Or does the external battery have like a voltage cut off as well like you would find on the POWER MAGIC PRO/EZ which has this when hardwiring?

I'm trying to decide what's the PRO and the CON of doing the external battery to cigarette plug in vs hard wiring it? Other than just saying it charges faster?

As i understand it the additional dashcam power pack can not discharge your car battery, it should only charge while driving.
And most if not all can charge the power pack faster if it is hard wired VS charging via the car 12 V cigarette lighter plug.
If you drive a lot every day you can easy charge slowly, but if you don't drive that much it is better to charge fast to make sure your battery are 100% full when you stop.

This of course depend on how you use it and how much the battery are discharged in every parking mode session, if you have a full battery and go see a movie, then you of course don't have to drive much after the movie to replenish the little you have lost in parking mode while you watched the movie.

If you use parking mode for 8 hours every day while working, and maybe 14 hours while parked at home / sleeping, then you only have 2 hours left of the day to drive in to get power back on the battery.

I will always recommend having a CCTV camera at the car at home and so not have the need to use parking guard there, i have this myself with a camera on my 2 floor balcony door aimed at my car in the back yard.

Back