Dash cam connect to home WiFi

SirVival0001

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey all,
I'm looking for a dash cam which you can connect to your own network and where I can access the dash cam storage or access live stream.

All dash cams only provide a hotspot where you may connect with you're mobile phone, but I'looking for a dash cam, which will work as an WiFi client.

anyone having an idea?
(beside Raspi-DashCam)

Is there any good dash cam working with linux or where you can put open source custom firmware like lineage or DDWRT?

Blackvue and Thinkware have the best connectivity features. Not sure of all the details but Blackvue seems to be best for this kind of use. There are some threads on "how to" in their forums here.

Phil

Could also look at the Viofo A129, some versions have a option of client mode instead of access point mode for the networking, however make sure you know the model you are buying has it before buying since not all of them do. The networking also tends to be short range, you need to be close to the network router.

I have a BV DR-900X=2CH, connect it to my home wi-fi with no problems.

Suggest you go to the BlackVue website and download the user manuals for the 750X and 900X cams and read about the setup and capabilities.

Probably can get the Viofo manuals in a similar fashion.

Back