dash cam for night time delivery driver

bryman31

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello all, id like a dash cam. a co worker had an incident he swears wasnt his fault but it turned into a he said she said issue. so now he is off driving duty and on warehouse duty. anyway........got me thinking i dont want to get screwed!!

i deliver medical supplies out of a chevy van with a box truck back. my shift starts @ noon and i get off usually around 930-10pm with the occasional on call duties keeping me out later. in the winter months its dark around 5pm here in Colorado so id like something with good night time capabilities. plus sometimes im not in my own truck so it would have to be something NON permanent mounted. (plus i could use it in my personal car when on road trips). 1080p is a must but im ok with higher res, if itll help me out of a bind possibly.

anyway what do you all recommend?

You should look for a camera with Sony IMX291 sensor like DOD LS460W+ or Viofo A119s.

enjoy,
Mtz

any reason for recommending those 2 over any others?

Just because of the sensor. You said you want good image during night. You can think also to cameras with IMX322 like SG96655GC.

Look here for IMX291 with car light beams off:

Of course other people can recommend another models, here is just my opinion.

enjoy,
Mtz

The Viofo 119s is a "wedge cam" and doesn't lend itself to easily swap between vehicles as sold, but I think someone cane up with a simple way to do that. If your fleet vehicles are all the same maybe you can find an easy way to handle that issue ;) Nothing wrong with DIY mounts as long as they work the way you want them to!

I'm a tough sell but I'd buy the 119s if I were in that market :D

Phil

You could also try the warrior G1S that also use the IMX291 sensor in a bullet shape action camera ( with large like 7 hour battery inside 18650 type battery )

I do believe it is possible with the supplied brackets to co a suctioncup mount, but as this is a "heavy" camera you will need a sturdy mount for it i think or you might see jello in your recordings.

Back