Dash Cam For Night When Car is Off

Ninja Amigo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,
I have a problem with kids stealing my lights off my ute. What dash cam do you have that will record all night? With perhaps motion detection? Obviously the ute will be turned off, so need something with a decent battery as well.

What would you suggest?

Hi.
What is your budget?

cameras won't run all night off their own battery, will need power from the vehicle or a power bank etc, you're also better off with something running all the time as motion detect can miss a lot of stuff at night

If at all possible your needs would be better met with a true CCTV surveillance camera aimed at your vehicle from a nearby building, lamppost or tree. This would provide Infra-Red illumination, far better coverage and detail at night and is designed for 24/7 operation.

THINKWARE F770 set to time lapse, this takes one piccie a second so massively extends sd card time, when it is hard wired it records for all night, night vision is stunning, wifi enabled, even has a warning led light bar that can be turned on if you want, video quality is awsome as is night mode, do some research on youtube, this is the cam I use/have and wouldn't swap it for a thing despite owning six others.

External surveillance is best, but if there's any ambient lighting the Mobius is a stealthy reliable cam which you can record 24/7 with. You'd want to have some idea of when the incident occurred or you'd have to scan all the recordings till you find it, but you will positively have a full recording of the event including before and after. And consider a car alarm too- they are relatively cheap these days ;)

Phil

If at all possible your needs would be better met with a true CCTV surveillance camera aimed at your vehicle from a nearby building, lamppost or tree
I agree with this. Perhaps some wireless IP cameras I have used some outdoor spec D-Link cameras streaming to Blue Iris and it works well. The cameras also have memory card slots. (DCS-2330L)

Back