Dash cam for the hallway ...

Neighbors had their Ring doorbell stolen, I think at the time there had been a tv advertisement showing how easy to install and some bright spark took the reverse action...

Black are not a good color for any camera if it get hit by the sun while operating,
I'm probably aiming at black small camera indoor pointing out, no LEDs needed as external ambient and motion detect lights trigger anyway.
I dislike the idea of the cloud based stuff, long term they (the folk providing the service) may fold, change company name, decide to increase fees to get rid of folk using...
Oh and I don't trust them :cool:

Me too, i can not see myself using anything cloud based, i would rather do something that offloaded to my own NAS, and that probably being more insecure.
I have just had police intervene ( someone got butt hurt and complained to police ) on a CCTV camera i put outside my living room window filming the street down below, that is not legal here. ( can not film public sidewalks / streets with a private CCTV camera )
And i will probably go at logger heads with them on my camera filming my car parked in the back yard, but as i understand it the back yard are not a public place ( though not locked off or gated ) but never the less not a place where the general public come, and i am also just filming the car and about 50 CM to either side of it, i have no interest in filming the whole back yard as that would just generate a lot of false motion detect alarms.
My living room camera i will probably replace with a small camera on the inside of the window, but then i need to put a CPL filter on it for sure, but that should also be manageable.

I will do the same for my on car camera, though then i will have to put a PIR light ( spotlight ) on my balcony railing as the camera then being filming thru glass cant have IR light to aid night footage.

I preserve the right to protect and defend my property as i see fit, and i will skim Danish law on that if i have to.

Personally I think people worry too much about the cloud services. and worry about it the wrong way. I'm sure not everyone but for what I've seen. most people that worry about it. at the same time do shopping online, use ATM machines, bank online, have smart phones, etc, etc. and almost none do things that could help and prevent problems from using this services. like securing the internet service they use, encrypting the hard drive in the computer they use. and use dynamic hidden encrypted drive, use 2 step verification apps for online logins instead of a text on their phone, use randomly generated passwords, bookmark and always use the same bookmark to access the sites that required security. and I could keep going down the list.
The cloud is where everything is going. the best thing we could do. is actually educate ourselves about it. and learn how to make their security better. and insist that companies that have our information keep it in an encrypted form and not in plain text like a lot of big companies have been caught doing.
another one is our vehicles . a lot of them even say it in the manual. they have cameras, microphones, gps, sensors. they collect and continuously transmit information. and to top it off. just in case our car is not new enough to have those.. we'll add a dash cam or two that has them all.. .. LOL..

Well my system have features that make it so it could not be used on any US government building, i am also aware of these issues but as i do not have any of the cameras aimed at the inside of my apartment i do not worry.
I would never have a camera at the inside of my apartment, but i have had one in the peephole of my door, so no doubt who was coming or going.
I am still a bit creeped out when i test cameras with a cabin camera in my car, not big though cuz then i would disable it in a heartbeat.

Getting into vlogging i assume take some getting used to, in general i see no reason to perform in front of a camera, so my inboxing videos are just talking hands videos.

Neighbors had their Ring doorbell stolen, I think at the time there had been a tv advertisement showing how easy to install and some bright spark took the reverse action...
I've installed one of those, and could have one off with the bracket and gone in under a minute without power tools and without the cam 'seeing' it happen. But most people don't know that stuff. I guess that's changing. TBH there's really no security anymore- anything someone wants to do has the means and methods and necessaries available online if you know where to look. And a lot of it is very easily found.

Cams are like locks: neither will stop a determined attack. They're mostly to help keep honest people honest, and doing that doesn't take a lot.

Phil

Back