Dash cam for weekend car

drdimo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi peeps, bit overwhelmed with choices. Looking to upgrade from my very cheap 5+ year old cam for my weekend car with the following features:
  • front only
  • great picture quality
  • fast/reliable transfer via wifi to iOS (will be on my weekend 4x4, would love to instantly transfer climbs / mud holes I attempt).
Is the Viofo A129 my best value for money bet?
Thanks in advance!

if this is just to record rides for fun you may want to consider an action cam, especially for playing around in the mud. video quality tends to be better (in general) and they are resistant to shock, water, etc and come with protective cases (think of a gopro). they also operate on batter which will save you the whole wiring business just dont forget to turn it on and to charge the battery :)

Appreciate the reply, this will serve as both an action cam and for insurance purposes. I have an action cam that used to sit outside of the car but because of how muddy / dusty most places we visit are I find I have to clean it every couple of minutes otherwise the vision gets obscured. So trying to kill two birds with one stone or so to speeak.

Back