dash cam + gps + obd + manual recording + ...

Phoenix986

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm looking for a dash cam with these features but I could not find anything yet
  1. possibility, during a loop recording, to lock the video file manually until the lock button is pressed again and not just a few minutes like other dashcam do
  2. bluetooth to connect external sensors like obd2 (like Garmin Virb)
  3. integrated gps
  4. the ability to connect a rear cam
  5. parking mode
  6. auto recording event with gsensor
  7. wifi to connect to android/ios app
thanks for the help

Yeah 1 & 2 are out of the ordinary.

1. Why not just record all the time and use the manual event button to tag a point of interest, if the event are longer you can always retrieve the other minutes in among the regular always recordings
2. Thats not used as far as i know, but i think it could be done, just nobody are doing it at the moment, and also OBD information are not standart so not sure you will have all the features working ( see lukas dashcams that have OBD )
3. Thats no problem, though i think most dashcams have the antenna plugged into the camera with a wire, others have the antenna in the mount and a few have the antenna build in.
4. There are good dualcams out there now, previous have been less desirable due to not optimal image quality. But it is rare to buy a single camera you can by a rear camera to later, mostly you just get both cameras at the same time.
5. Parking mode are also supported by many cameras, but some have it better implemented than others, if could be a problem using it on a warn Italian summer day with the car parked in the sun.
6. This is also normal, but i can not recommend using it unless you set G sensor sensitivity really high so only a hard crash trigger it. If you can not do that the G sensor will create a lot of false recordings from bumps in the road and your driving style, i recommend just record all the time and use manual event button.
7. wifi are fine for many cameras today, app might not be 100% good working and transfer speeds are slow os it take a while to download a single 3 minute file to the phone, so for mass transfer of files i recommend using card reader on computer this transfer files 20 X faster ( depending on care read speeds and your card reader speeds )

And Benvenuto to the forum Phoenix986

Back