Dash cam----Home sec cam, GearBest and WYZE. That should do it..

findingzzero

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a security camera forum here?
I recently purchased a Xiaomi Aqara $33 dollar sec cam from GB. Nice piece of equip't, packaged well. I couldn't get the setup to work. GB refunded my money, but their system won't allow my review. A call to Xiaomi suggested that this model hasn't been cleared for release in the USA, and GB isn't their authorized dealer. I don't really have a problem with this as it gives me a chance to check out the latest tech b4 middlemen jack the price up. trying to post a review on this experience failed. In a tedious back & forth with GB, where they misunderstood my posts, I finally got a response that said we don't allow reviews on returned products. Not sure this is what they meant, or just that the order# disappears from their system..? Apparently many of these Chinese Co's won't invest in proficient English speakers for the western market. I then ordered a Wyzecam from Amazon for $20 +$5 shipping with a similar setup and it worked the first time. I get a lot of false positive (unless this $20 cam is responding to soil bacteria (smileyfacehere) even with sound detection turned off and motion sensitivity detector on low. A call to WYZE got me in a real time message back & forth with someone (engineer)? who knew the product, answered my questions and gave me hope that they are working on this problem. I believe Wyze is a software Co specializing on better software for existing Chinese products that need it. The fact that the camera is only $20 suggests they are seeking a market niche w/o making much $$ yet. I will keep an eye on their products going forward. Right now their inventory is only the WYZEcam and the reviews, like, mine, are mostly glowing. If only could brew my morning covefee..

CCTV is frequently talked about on here so yeah you'll get some feedback

The Wyze cam is literally perfection for what I need, apart from the fact it's not available here! (app not supported)

But it's a new thing and at the time I couldn't find any reliability reviews... I think if you enter into the search up top "wyze" you'll find other threads on DCT, it wasn't too long ago that it was mentioned previously (I just looked, It's in the OWL cam thread)

Back