Dash Cam keeps rebooting

OCJ

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,
Newbie here, Looks like a very active site so hopefully someone can help.
I bought this https://ibm.biz/BdX64q a few months back from China, not sure what model it is but it's running a allwinner chipset.
Problem is it worked fine initially but now it just keeps rebooting. It doesn't even stay on long enough for me to change the menu options.
I've tried a reset using the pin hole at the rear but no joy.
I have now even changed the internal battery thinking that was the problem.
Any ideas?
Is there firmware out there that I could try install?
Any help appreciated.
Tks

you've posted in the wrong section for this model, that said you may not find anyone that knows anything about it anyway, the Allwinner stuff is a bit hit and miss unfortunately

Thanks jokiin,
What section should it be in?
tks

Thanks,
fast replies :)

How do I move this post ?

Hello,

My Dash cam, probably the same as yours is doing the exact the same thing! When plugged in it just continuously reboots and when not plugged in, you get the welcome screen and it just switches off. Have also tried the reset button. Here is mine: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351392331607 and that is the seller who sold it to me as well.

It has been hot but the camera is advertised with 'heat proof' (from the Sun specifically) capabilities.

Last edited:
Last time I had a dashcam that kept rebooting (not the type mentioned in this topic), I strongly suspected it was the battery dying, but it was still under warranty so I returned it for a refund.

Last time I had a dashcam that kept rebooting (not the type mentioned in this topic), I strongly suspected it was the battery dying, but it was still under warranty so I returned it for a refund.
It's only a couple of months old and even if the battery was dying, why would it keep rebooting when plugged into a 12v socket?

Someone above said it might be running an Allwinner chipset. I have success in install firmware on other camera devices with allwinner chipsets so maybe there is one for this one. Unfortunately there are no markings on the product.

Scrap the idea of upgrading the firmware, it just continuously reboots even when connected directly to PC.

Last edited:
Yes. mine is running the all winner chip. I opened it to see. Where did you find the firmware you used? I also thought it might be the battery. So I used an old Nokia phone battery Temporarily As its the same spec. Still the same issue.

There's a guy called Tech Moan or something on youtube who either does or used to review dash cams. He had links with loads of different chipsets. By the way, you are going to have the same problem as me. How exactly would you install the firmware, the DVR will not hook up to a computer either.

I hate to use the words 'cheap chinese crap', but everything is made in China. My Nokia for example and even iPhones and my Lenovo laptop.

I bought a 1080p keyring cam off ebay from China 5 years ago (allwinner chip) and it still works! Decent lithium ion battery.

Has your mirror cam been out in the Sun a lot?

I know what you Mean. There has to be a way though. It worked fine for long enough. Yes even plugged to pc it just reboots. would it be the power circuitry? A cap or something?

I hope the seller doesn't give me any jip about returning it or I will drive to Portsmouth and have 'words' with them in person.

For £36 I would expect 6 months, maybe a year but 1 a month is terrible.

I work closely with BSI and Trading Standards and I wonder if this things has an EMC certificate under European law 2004/108/EC

I hope the seller doesn't give me any jip about returning it or I will drive to Portsmouth and have 'words' with them in person.

For £36 I would expect 6 months, maybe a year but 1 a month is terrible.

I work closely with BSI and Trading Standards and I wonder if this things has an EMC certificate under European law 2004/108/EC

It probably has a sticker, but I'd say that's about it. :)
Let me know how you get on. I'll try messing around wit mine. I've nothing to loose now. :mad:

I basically took my car apart to install the wiring so it was not visible. I guess that's what I'm mostly angry about.

Have you tried to power it from different power supply? If you have some old (but decent!) mini-USB charger lying around it would be good if you test the mirror with it.
My Allwinner mirror (albeit different to yours) came with crappiest power supply on the planet - unstable and prone to overheating.

Have you tried to power it from different power supply? If you have some old (but decent!) mini-USB charger lying around it would be good if you test the mirror with it.
My Allwinner mirror (albeit different to yours) came with crappiest power supply on the planet - unstable and prone to overheating.
Hi,
Yes I tried running through the mains on an adapter but still get the same reboot error. I did suspect the charger had damaged the battery so I replaced the battery. Still just reboots though

Back