Dash Cam Maximum Video Recording Length

maverick_man

Reaction score
Country
India
I'm looking to purchase an entry level Dash Cam.The Yi and 70mai seems like a good choice.But i noticed from some forums that the maximum video recording duration for a single clip is just 3 mins in Yi Dashcam.
Does all the DashCams record short duration clips ? Please advice.

Some record up to 10 minutes per segment, 5 or less is more typical, Korean models often only offer 1 minute segments

Some record up to 10 minutes per segment, 5 or less is more typical, Korean models often only offer 1 minute segments
Thanks for your response.okay... so not even the most expensive ones segment the recording i guess.Why is this done? Why can't it record it as full length clips?

Recording is continuous, it is broken into segments for practical reasons, file size limitations, recycling, emergency file handling etc

Recording is continuous, it is broken into segments for practical reasons, file size limitations, recycling, emergency file handling etc
so i guess there is no option to change this.I also noted that in Yi DashCam there is a small part of the clip repeated.

Not all cameras have an overlap, you wouldn't want one continuous recording, when the memory card filled up it would just stop, that's a video camera, not a dashcam

Not all cameras have an overlap, you wouldn't want one continuous recording, when the memory card filled up it would just stop, that's a video camera, not a dashcam
Can you please suggest a budget camera without this issue. One with a screen is preferred.

Back