Dash Cam Noise

• Thread starter Deleted member 59315
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59315

Weird noise when playing videos. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd check the "usual suspects" first- try another known good SD card and another power supply to see if the noise goes away. For the latter a home charger for your cellphone should do.

Phil

Thank you so much Phil for the input. I tried another sd card (high quality) but it did the same thing. Funny you should suggest trying a different power supply as I think that may work. Ijust posted a new video showing that the noise goes away when you disconnect the power supply (cigarette lighter) and the cam is running on the internal battery while it shuts down. I think it started making that noise when I switched from the barrel type connector to the usb connector on the camera to feed the power from the cigarette lighter. I had to switch because when the power is plugged into the barrel connector the unit won't charge anymore. The culprit really shoudn't be the usb connector though as I cut the two communication cables on the usb connector making it strictly a positive/negative DC power supply line as I just spliced into the same power supply wiring from the existing original barrel plug to cigarette lighter cable. I will have to try a different usb cable. Thanks again for the advice. :)

Back