Dash cam not turning off automatically after accessory off

TeaLeaf007

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had my audio guy install my dash this time around and one problem I have is that after turning accessory on, then off (without going to on position), the dash cam does not turn off automatically. I would have to manually turn it off as I worry about a dead battery. Is there a setting to fix this or did the installer connect a wrong fuse? Or is this normal? Thanks.

There’s not much info here. Is it set up for parking mode? What happens when you open your door? If you’re expecting it to turn off, and it doesn’t, that means it still has power from the car. If that’s not on purpose, and not related to a delayed-off accessory circuit, then “your audio guy” didn’t use the right circuit to meet your expectations.

Some fuses can be on for a little while, like cabin light and also exterior light can do on modern cars, i would try and let it run for 15 - 30 minutes and see if it turn off,,,,, that will not harm battery.
Audio guy should know to go for a ACC fuse if you are just wired for convenience and having the dash socket free for other stuff.

Some fuses can be on for a little while, like cabin light and also exterior light can do on modern cars, i would try and let it run for 15 - 30 minutes and see if it turn off,,,,, that will not harm battery.
Audio guy should know to go for a ACC fuse if you are just wired for convenience and having the dash socket free for other stuff.

^ This. In my car the accessories keep running for a good 10 mins plus before the car decide to switch them off. So your auto guy needs to test how it has been connected and if the line switches off immediately or after a delay.

Back