Dash cam on Cadillac ATS

evmedievalol

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone has installed in on Cadillac ATS?
Im looking around to see if there is a way to install dash that will run 24/7.
Apparently Cadillac shuts down the whole system after 10 min or so after turning off the engine.
the only way to have it run 24/7 is directly hook it up to the battery? I have Multi Safer moto park.

Try a dash cam battery pack such as the Cellink Neo or BlackVue B-124, both of which we carry.

Which dash cam is this for?

Try a dash cam battery pack such as the Cellink Neo or BlackVue B-124, both of which we carry.

Which dash cam is this for?
SGZC12ss street guardian.
I already have two big battery packs. Im hoping to run this 24/7 without battery packs which is why i have multi safer.

This might help https://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-v-series-forum/1075686-dash-cam-install.html

I am assuming there are some fuses that run 24/7, what you are probably seeing are ACC fuses that run for an additional 10 minutes after the vehicle is turned off.

When testing for 24/7 fuses you need to let the car sit for 10-15 mins with a door open. that way it will let you know what is true battery 24/7 versus a delayed ACC fuse.
Is there a difference between using a 24/7 fuse and just directly wiring to a car battery?

Is there a difference between using a 24/7 fuse and just directly wiring to a car battery?
Well.. the fact that one has a fuse and the other does not would be one difference.

Besides what’s posted above regarding the fuse you would have to run a wire through the firewall into the engine bay. A fuse tape is way simpler.

Besides what’s posted above regarding the fuse you would have to run a wire through the firewall into the engine bay. A fuse tape is way simpler.
i mean there is a battery in the trunk as well. it'll be simple to route from the trunk.
But of course, routing from fuse box would be the easiest

Just to make sure, if i wanted to directly wire to battery, it goes to positive (black) on battery right?

black is normally ground, be careful what you're doing, you can kill things if you reverse the polarity

black is normally ground, be careful what you're doing, you can kill things if you reverse the polarity
oh right. i think it's got the red cover on the battery which should be positive. the one you should be using when charging the car battery.
Red/positive is what i need, right?

Back