Dash Cam on crowdfunding site

Deliver in January 2014?
They say "we wanted to create an ulitimate dash cam". @ 720p in 2014y ?!!! Who works there in R&D ?
Even januar 2013 most people knew the way to go is with minimuk 1080p 30fps.
January 2014 ultimate dash cams will start from 1080p 60fps.
Gps, distance tracking also I like small design, ball-joint bracket and tiny rear camera which is unfort only D1.

I was thinking of buying one just to try out. The price is reasonable at $119 still. Don't know if i need 1080p, uses up more memory, and as long as they dont skimp on the lens quality, should be sufficient.

I was thinking of buying one just to try out. The price is reasonable at $119 still. Don't know if i need 1080p, uses up more memory, and as long as they dont skimp on the lens quality, should be sufficient.

You might be right: different people - different needs.
I must be spoilt ( like many other readers of this forum ) with much higher requirements for those days, but call it "ultimate" for 2014 ? - is too over-exaggerated, especially for sports related video recordings at high-speed. However form-factor ( especially rear camera ) - is nice. If only they could make it on 1080p / 30fps platform.
Not yet known about bit-rate, which is also an important part of specifications.

I still get mine, flexible funding :p

flexible funding means they get to keep the money without hitting the target, not that they will produce anything (standard indiegogo stuff) that said though they seem to have a website and are just fishing for buyers on a product they intend to do perhaps anyway, the specification is way behind though so don't expect great results

Found similar one.

Rear camera is exactly the same. Main specs also same. Comes from same manufacturere. Just main unit has different shell.

http://b-store.co.kr/Front/Product/...-|hk=c392da1ce79a8b5d693359395733d632730e3d81

Compare specs, they are 1:1

Mir Black M3

abc.jpg

Indiegogo

20131107084014-ph1.jpg

Interesting... I spoke to one of the people who work there. They seem like nice enough folks. I'll do a review of the product when I receive it.

Interesting... I spoke to one of the people who work there. They seem like nice enough folks. I'll do a review of the product when I receive it.

I dont say they are not nice guys. Its just not nice to say in the promo video " ... we have developed ...", but I can see same product under different name. I can approach any manufacturer who has ready made product with 1000 unit order and ask them to brand it to my requirements like many do: TioTech - Dod, Samoon - Texet and so on.

Hi Jason
Have you reviewed any Mir-Tech DashCams yet?

Member Jason Wong has not visited DCT since November 15th, 2013 which was two days after he joined, apparently to post about this crowdfunded dash cam campaign that never got off the ground.
Sorry couldn't help myself.

720P is just plain silly in 2015 especially when memory cards are so cheap.

Well, that subject was previously covered in this thread by@niko but also keep in mind that this is about a post from 2013 when 720p video, obsolete in dash cams as it was rapidly becoming was still more common than it is now in 2015. In 2013 memory cards were not quite so cheap as they are now either.

Back