Dash cam plus home cam

WeedeaterDM

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Starting a collection
Recently had some stuff come up missing from my car parked behind my house. I checked my dash cameras and nothing. My Thinkware was off due to low voltage, it does that between 10 and 30 minutes. The two SG X2 side cameras were on motion detect, somehow they didn't catch him. The following day I installed the home camera system I had bought 3 months before. A few days later I was still working on the motion detect on the home system and see him in a recording going into the wife's car this time. Her Blackvue 590 rear cam got a real good shot of him coming and going. Got some good audio of him rummaging through the car too. I have not posted online any of the videos, we found out who he is and are working with the family on a suitable punishment. We both came up with the same idea of him raking leaves in my yard. So far he has filled 12 cans with a quarter of the front yard in 6 hours. I would say he did good for his first day.

The home camera system is a Night Owl 4k. The recordings looked horrible the first week of running it. Tech support had me do a reset and now they look much better. Here are the snapshots from the dash and home cams.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2019-03-31-10h45m50s125.jpg
    vlcsnap-2019-03-31-10h45m50s125.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 43
  • capture01.jpg
    capture01.jpg
    858.4 KB · Views: 40
Did you notify the police? There were probably a dozen other break in’s around the hood from his doing. I wouldn’t want the kid anywhere on property doing any type of slave labor. Wouldn’t want him casing out my place for future robberies when he becomes a harden low life thug.

Before I figured out who it was, we did have the police come get some good hand prints from the car. I have yet to tell the police we figured out who it is, the wife has all the paperwork. His great grandfather is a friend of mine that lives across the street.

Very tough dealing with in-family problems, but we all have to learn that there are consequences for what we do so if something else pops up...

Well I hope it doesn't and that the needed lesson has been well-learned now.

Phil

I sure am glad i am not a criminal today, so many more ways to get busted in this day and age.
In my day someone literally had to outrun you, or outsmart you, and that did not happen often.

I did B&E from i was 13 and a couple of years onward, but then my nerves also quid on me, then there was a calm period before i at the age of 17 or so started to get into other forms of crime, and that in turn stopped before i was 25 when my grey good started to work a little better.
The B&E we made was always in commercial places, i have no knowledge of any of the people i knew back then braking into private homes.

I think this kid was a bit bored and a little peer pressure. We live in a neighborhood that has no kids his age and the only friends he has are from school. These days almost every kid his age (11) has a phone, he does not. When I was his age, I lived in a neighborhood that was full of kids, 13 on my street alone. We had lots of after school activities. There were no video games at that time, so there was no peer pressure for having things like that. I almost miss the days of no cable tv, the wife spends too much time being a couch potato in front of it and expects me to sit there with her. I am still more of an outdoor person, helps me keep feeling younger than I am.

Guess I need to get the wasp spray, one followed me into the house. May not be a good thing if the cat tries to catch it.

Back