dash cam powering configuration

moderncouple

Reaction score
Country
Australia
ok im sold on seperate reversing camera..
but can i use the cellink b . or iroad power pack. aswell as hard wiring it to the car. with the dodrc500s with its own hardwire kit..

. ie what i mean is say. she is driving her car and the dodrc500s cams are on. she parks car cams on battery pack running
. battery pack runs outta juice. car battery kicks in via hard wiring. ..this is an idea i have. this would be a great configuration .
is this type of configuration possible...... sweeting bullets to find out lmao

the battery packs are generally to avoid wiring to the vehicle, not something to run down and then switch to vehicle power. not how they're designed to be used

From what I understand, with the present version of cellink b, this is not what is going to happen. I think they removed the battery wire and left only IGN and GND. So the cams will always run on cellink juice. celllink is charged when the engine is running. Car battery is isolated from cams when engine is not running, to preserve it from going flat. Unless you park the car and leave the cams running for several days, shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

From what I understand, with the present version of cellink b, this is not what is going to happen. I think they removed the battery wire and left only IGN and GND. So the cams will always run on cellink juice. celllink is charged when the engine is running. Car battery is isolated from cams when engine is not running, to preserve it from going flat. Unless you park the car and leave the cams running for several days, shouldn't be a problem.

thanks.
what is the best way to connect dssh cam rc500s when using a battery pack....if i have a battery pack do i need the dod hardwire fuse kit as well ? im gonna get a battery pack to wire into her car. not interested in the cig lighter configuration. does it still go to fuse part and or can i wire it to the ignition .
is the ignition reconfiguration better..
whats the pros and cons of the two..
can someone recommend a lythium polymer battery pack .
compatable connection for a dodrc500s. ive seen iroad cellink are @ 600amh . i think 6000 is not enuff power.. @ 8000.....quick charge type...

im not sure which battery packs can be connected to the dodrc500s, as im not sure either what connection is used to connect them to dash cams in gernal.
let alone the dodrc500s, im gonna get for my wife.
thanks in advance ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thanks.
what is the best way to connect dssh cam rc500s when using a battery pack....if i have a battery pack do i need the dod hardwire fuse kit as well ? im gonna get a battery pack to wire into her car. not interested in the cig lighter configuration. does it still go to fuse part and or can i wire it to the ignition .
is the ignition reconfiguration better..
whats the pros and cons of the two..
can someone recommend a lythium polymer battery pack .
compatable connection for a dodrc500s. ive seen iroad cellink are @ 600amh . i think 6000 is not enuff power.. @ 8000.....quick charge type...

im not sure which battery packs can be connected to the dodrc500s, as im not sure either what connection is used to connect them to dash cams in gernal.
let alone the dodrc500s, im gonna get for my wife.
thanks in advance ....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hey there, how did you get on did you buy the DOD RC500s with a Cellink? I'm in the same position and would like the DOD to run off Cellink battery, but how will the unit drop into parking mode when the power is constant? :)

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Hey there, how did you get on did you buy the DOD RC500s with a Cellink? I'm in the same position and would like the DOD to run off Cellink battery, but how will the unit drop into parking mode when the power is constant? :)

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Got my rc500s and cellink 2 in this week. Hopefully get them installed this weekend. I plan on hardwiring the cellink and using the cigarette socket adapter to power the 500s. This won't allow for parking mode but it seems to be a hit or miss option anyway. I'll get at least 8 hrs of continuous recording while parked at work. And my drive to work and home should be more than enough to fully charge the cellink. Then when home in garage I can simply unplug the cigarette socket to save the cellink juice for when it's needed. Once installed and running for a couple days I'll post back with update

Back