Dash cam quirk

Chas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got a no name dash cam at a discount warehouse for 15 US bucks. It's been working amazingly well for three weeks. Then it showed a blank white screen when turned on and that was it. Two days later it started working again. Any idea what this is about?

The primary consideration when choose a dashcam should be, its working reliability, then its sharpness, then other features...

I got a no name dash cam at a discount warehouse for 15 US bucks. It's been working amazingly well for three weeks. Then it showed a blank white screen when turned on and that was it. Two days later it started working again. Any idea what this is about?

You could try a high quality SD card. Samsung Evo Select from Amazon is a great value. And the next time it goes wonky, power it with a house-type phone charger to see if the cam's PS might be the problem. But honestly for $15 you can't expect much. You don't get what you don't pay for!

Phil

I ended up formatting the card at the time and it's worked flawlessly ever since. I can't see paying upwards of $200 for a dashcam.

I had a similar issue. Most likely your micro-sd card got its file system corrupted and confused the cam. Once reformatted the cam could work again.

Back