dash cam/rear view cam with 4g???

mountainman80901

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello dash cam enthusiast. my question is do they make any dash cam/rearview cam that has 4g cellular sim card that will automatically upload any and all video that your dash cam records and send it to your email. much like home surveillance cameras do???? for example LOL. im driving down the freeway.and some road rage idiot is being stupid.my cameras have done caught him being stupid.but at the press of a button it automatically starts sending 5 minute segments to my email.and in a perfect world keeps sending until all batteries go dead.any help would be great. and links to such said cameras that do all this if they exist would be great. thanks MOUNTAINMAN

Not aware of any camera with room for a sim card, it is a question that pop up ever so often.
But what is wrong with the camera just saving on the memory card, do you expect your car to be taken or trespassed into ?
Also most dashcams the files they generate are over 100 MB for each minute of recording, and i know of no email that can handle file sizes like that.
Some people also want the camera to offload to the cloud all the time, but i cant afford a data plan like that, and even in little old Denmark that have pretty good coverage and are pretty flat, and world class mobile infrastructure, well even here you often find yourself in a area where you only get 3G at best, and you cant UL that much footage thru a 3G bottleneck.
Not sure if the up and coming 5G networks ( yes plural ) here will change this much.

You are better off going for a model with remote cameras on wire and a headunit with the memory card to hide in your vehicle somewhere, cuz that kind of camera you can get soon.
Just dont bury it too deep, you do need to get at the memory card once in a while as no dashcam are set and forget, so enforcing a inspection routine of the memory card are highly recommended.

Better off with a wi-fi camera, then you can download the video to your phone directly and email it to yourself if that is what you want to do.

Better off with a wi-fi camera, then you can download the video to your phone directly and email it to yourself if that is what you want to do.
thanks NIGEL.please tell me more about this.details details details

want to be a small file if you're planning on sending via email though

Yeah wifi in most cameras, it take longer to move the file from the camera to your phone than it did recording it, and besides the wifi cameras often seem to cough up another subset of issues, just have a look in the thinkware and blackvue sub forums.

Yeah wifi in most cameras, it take longer to move the file from the camera to your phone than it did recording it, and besides the wifi cameras often seem to cough up another subset of issues, just have a look in the thinkware and blackvue sub forums.

wifi is one issue, when was the last time you got a 100mb email, most mail servers are limited to 25mb max, many are less than that still

want to be a small file if you're planning on sending via email though
Well I don't see the need to email myself anyway!
And if I wanted to share it with someone else then their email probably wouldn't accept it.
I might move it to my cloud video folder, so that I could access it from my computer and send people links to it, or I might upload it to YouTube or other video sharing site for other people to access, except that the dashcam app doesn't provide YouTube upload functionality so I would never bother.

Most likely I would just leave it in my phone as backup storage to make sure it doesn't get overwritten.

I assume the first really popular 4G feature a dashcam will get is the ability to steam your drive live to youtube,,,,, if you are driving in between your 2 overlapping 4G towers.

I did just google dashcam + sim card, and i did find some mirror camera that was able to do a jaw dropping 12 MB / s on 4G

209550.01-5_1024x1024.jpg

12 mbit is what i get on my damn phone sitting here in front od the computer ( where i normally only have 3G ) and thats the download the upload was like 2 mbit.
So i prefer to take my memory card with me from the car, and utilize my 1000 / 60 mbit cable connection and share my 1 hour drive in minutes ( editing the xx number of files together as one and then upload it )
And doing that i even keep wifi as i like it ( OFF )

7636657777.png

I send myself emails and I reply to them too because I like having intelligent conversations with good looking people like me :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO::p;)
Phil

Is it true that you talk to yourself?
Yes ma'am it is. I like to talk to intelligent people and I like to hear what an intelligent man has to say.

If you are ever bored and find you have spammed yourself here is the best way to respond. :D

Back