Dash cam rear view dvr help

Jasen

Reaction score
Just a noob to the forum and dash cam's.

I'm preparing to build an enclosed reveres trike from scratch, powered with a Geo Metro 3 cylinder engine. At the moment I'm researching various components and system's.

To the point.
The trike will not have a back window, so I plan to use a back up or rear mounted camera and monitor for a rear view mirror. The rear camera will be mounted into the body under the rear spoiler, so it must be weather proof. I'd also like to do a dash cam as well, and I'd really like it to be able to record the image from both camera's.
I've found a couple of systems on the forum that do this, but come up short in 2 area's. 1. The front camera monopolizes the monitor, which isn't very good for using it for rear view/parking/backing. 2. The rear camera is for interior mounting and probably wouldn't survive the first rain storm.
Is there a decent system out there that meet these requirement's, or would I need two separate system's, or piece something together into one system.

Thanx

you can get dual cam systems that have a weatherproof rear cam, only D1 (480p) res on the rear cam though, they could be setup to use a monitor and display rear cam all the time, it's certainly possible to do what you want already, maybe leave it until later in the build though as this technology progresses rapidly and no doubt you'd have more (better) options later on

Back