Dash Cam that Streams RTSP via WiFi Compatible with ZoneMinder - Need Recommendation

HopWorks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greets!
I found an older post here on this site (3 years ago) and hoping tech has caught up. I am looking for a front/rear DashCam system that steams RTSP over WiFi and is compatible with ZoneMinder. My wife and I travel a lot and I am trying to record video from multiple cameras on an on-board system. My side cameras, albeit bulky, work great. But now I am looking at replacing my older Viofo V129 system with something that can also talk to my in-auto ZoneMinder server.

I figured it was a great idea to post this question here first before I continue searching. I see lots of systems, but have not found anything that can just stream RTSP to my ZoneMinder server on power up. I do not want to have to use multiple systems, like one on my phone, another on a cloud, pulling SD cards, etc.

Thank you so very much for your time! I appreciate it!

This a pretty interesting idea, I know there is a ZoneMinder forum have you tried there?

I'm not familiar with any dashcams that would be capable of doing what you want, have you considered doing a wee 'project'? Using cameras designed for the house that can run of USB, that might give you more options.

A lot of the dashcams sacrifice recording quality when the WiFi is on.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Have you considered Wyze cameras? You can turn on RTSP by loading a firmware that enables that.

Products with WIFI are using RTSP to transfer video footage to the phone. The image we see on the phone in real time is a video with RTSP.

What is the RTSP URL for a vanture camera? Without that it is quite irrelevant as it would be difficult to make use of it if you would like to stream to a PC or something else

Back