Dash cam use

Dolly94asd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay I don’t drive I’m just asking just in case I’m wrong I recently broke up with my parter and his family sad I kow and I bin treated with audio on a dash cam twisting story ect obviously trying to make me look bad silly petty conversation if you ask me but I have have had talks with him about some real personal stuff I was always aware of the dash cam and was reassured that it’s only filmed the road there was no audio not unless he turned it on so me not having a clue about cars and cameras in cars took my boyfriend word from it now finding out the dash cam was not used for filming just the road obviously myself and my 4 year old have bin audio recorded without my concent just wanted to as they are treating to air it out on the dirty wash line just kinda wanted to know where I stand before I took it any further many thanks

There was nothing wrong with making the recording.

Publishing a recording that contains a private conversation, or just making it public, is illegal without consent.

Dashcams only store a few hours of video and it costs a lot in storage space to store more than a few days of video so it is unlikely that he has kept much that you need to worry about. Unless you regularly spend your time threatening to kill people then it's probably best just to forget about it, and cut off all contact!

A good summary of the law, relevant even though it is about recording phone conversations: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4801072.stm

A video of sort is mainly for personal use. If it is a family thing that requires in-door settlement, it could be used against you.

Back