Dash Cam Video from Philippines

I guess the little girls learned the 'look both ways' lesson, the somewhat hard way.
:(

in theory they shouldn't have to look left when they're already in the middle of the road, because cars should only be coming from the right. biker was fully in the wrong. but then again this is the Philippines, and apparently bikes don't have to follow any semblance of rules and can generally get away with whatever they feel like. at least he helped her to the side...

i'll admit that i don't usually look left when i'm in the median crossing, waiting to go across, similar to what these girls did, because again - cars should only be coming from the right.

Aaa i see what is wrong ( not wanting to visit facetwitt )
You would assume that you just have to look to one side if you cross a oneway street, or as it sound like in this case having crossed half the road, but even up here in good old Denmark it would be a good idea to look both way.
Not least since its often the case that the oneway do not apply for cyclists, and those who dont give a damm.

BUT ! im the same guy that wanting to cross a road in Freemantle Australia looked left first as thats where the near cars come from up here, and then i stepped out "in front" of a car :rolleyes:
The Aussie driving by as i stepped back on the sidewalk must have heard me calling myself all kinds of names in leauge with dumbass and idiot and a lot of "F" word on top of that :oops:

I don't remember specific incidents like this in the Philippines, but in most of SE Asia, motorbikes kind of go where ever they feel like. You can see a lot of videos on youtube involving motorbikes in China and Thailand going against traffic, and even cars. There's a lot also of 20 mph motorbikes trying to cross roads with 70 mph traffic. Not good.

I don't remember specific incidents like this in the Philippines, but in most of SE Asia, motorbikes kind of go where ever they feel like.
Agreed.

What I can see about this video, I notice the dash cam owner car is not a sedan. Must be either a Van or SUV. Line of sight block for both parties.

...I notice the dash cam owner car is not a sedan. Must be either a Van or SUV. Line of sight block for both parties.
All the more reason to not drive where you can't see. :eek:

Back