Dash Cam Viewer not working properly

JayB

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can play the videos but not with full features such as gps coordinates, and viewing on the map. Any idea what I did wrong

When you look at the Dashcam screen itself, Do you have a Green GPS icon at the very top? It’s just to the right of the Mic icon. It’s red when you first power up and turns green after signal is acquired. Let’s start by checking that for starters. If you don’t see any GPS icon to the right of the mic make sure the GPS plug is inserted deep enough

6471a883efd191fd058b3f4ebd81b49a.jpg

Last edited:
When you look at the Dashcam screen itself, Do you have a Green GPS icon at the very top? It’s just to the right of the Mic icon. It’s red when you first power up and turns green after signal is acquired. Let’s start by checking that for starters. If you don’t see any GPS icon to the right of the mic make sure the GPS plug is inserted deep enough
Yes, plugged in and icon appears

single of dual channel setup, are you selecting the folder or individual files for playback?

what firmware version is installed?

Please update to this latest firmware.

Format card

Leave speed unit set to MPH (no off)

Record more test footage and test again.

I'm having the same problem with my SG9663DC (FW SG20180613_V1.30) files using the SG DCV version v3.1.1.

Original paid version v3.1.8 plays with no error message and map info available...

Both with default install.

In the process of backing up movies prior to updating firmware to latest.

SG DCV version v3.1.1 plays correctly movies from SG9665GC cam.

UPDATE:
FW SG20180613_V1.37 fixed issue..... phewwwww

I'm having the same problem with my SG9663DC (FW SG20180613_V1.30) files using the SG DCV version v3.1.1.

Original paid version v3.1.8 plays with no error message and map info available...

Both with default install.

In the process of backing up movies prior to updating firmware to latest.

SG DCV version v3.1.1 plays correctly movies from SG9665GC cam.

UPDATE:
FW SG20180613_V1.37 fixed issue..... phewwwww

the viewer wasn't supported until firmware V1.33 on the DC, V1.05 on the DCPRO

Back