Dash Cam Viewer Options

mhiggi02

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackSys CH-100B 2-Ch
I am wondering if anyone uses any 3rd party dash cam viewer software.

• What do you use?
  • Why do you prefer this viewer?
  • What's the cost?
Thanks,
Michael

registrator viewer is used by many ( free ), it is pretty nifty and can do a lot for you.
But sadly the Russian that made it was killed in a MC accident, so no further development of that little piece of software.

RV will automatic bundle up all your little files into driving sessions according to time/date stamps, so you are ready to export them as 1 large file with a few clicks of the mouse, and it do so without changing format or bitrate, and if you want to you can mute soundtrack and strip any metadata from the video file.
If your camera is the kind that have a overlap between files then RV can remove that as you just have to enter that value 1 time ( often 1000 ms ) and then you will have seamless output of xx files into 1 file.

But in normal day to day viewing of footage i just use the player that come with my windows 10, i dont need to see my route driven on a map, and what ever metadata is in the file.

I use Registrator Viewer for cut and trim any videos, it's much faster than those so "real video editors."
GoPro Studio editor won't accept my Eken H9 videos directly but after i trim video with RV it's ok to edit.

Thank you both. Does RV allow for 2-ch cams to display both front and rear footage simultaneously (i.e. picture in picture)?

registrator viewer is used by many ( free ), it is pretty nifty and can do a lot for you.
But sadly the Russian that made it was killed in a MC accident, so no further development of that little piece of software.

RV will automatic bundle up all your little files into driving sessions according to time/date stamps, so you are ready to export them as 1 large file with a few clicks of the mouse, and it do so without changing format or bitrate, and if you want to you can mute soundtrack and strip any metadata from the video file.
If your camera is the kind that have a overlap between files then RV can remove that as you just have to enter that value 1 time ( often 1000 ms ) and then you will have seamless output of xx files into 1 file.

But in normal day to day viewing of footage i just use the player that come with my windows 10, i dont need to see my route driven on a map, and what ever metadata is in the file.

I use Registrator Viewer for cut and trim any videos, it's much faster than those so "real video editors."
GoPro Studio editor won't accept my Eken H9 videos directly but after i trim video with RV it's ok to edit.

Thank you both. Does RV allow for 2-ch cams to display both front and rear footage simultaneously (i.e. picture in picture)?
I think no if video is in two separate files.
But this will show it at least in mac version, i haven't try it yet. And it's commercial version btw.
https://dashcamviewer.com/

Back