Dash Cam window sticker/decal ?

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
Hi,

I was just wondering what people's views are on having a sticker on the rear window of their vehicle, stating "Front & Rear dash cams fitted to this vehicle" or words to that effect ?

I have one and wondering if this creates issues or decreases the chance of people tail gating and cutting you up.

Or even worse, does this increase the chance of thieves breaking into the vehicle because you may have a nice expensive dash cam for them to steal !!

No one is going to steal a dash cam. They are worth nothing!

But there is no reason to advertise that you're recording. It could make some people angry. Think of how many criminal types (for example with warrants) there are who might have a problem with being recorded, even if you have no way of knowing they are

I have been contemplating a sticker for my own rear window saying " dont be a traffic fool"
But its not working for me as i would need a O letter in the middle of the sentence so my rear camera could film thru it.

On my first car i had this sticker.
main-qimg-70f89842b88ae214a8a5a5cc359fb1dc

But as mentioned i would not advertise that there are cameras in my car.

The mentioning of cameras could just make other persons confrontational, so i would keep that a secret ace serve in the case its needed one day.

I would think stealth is the way to go. As for stickers, it's not good to make some people confrontational on the road. After all, there is a wide range of intelligence on the roads. Stickers are not for other people, they serve a little comfort for the one who has the sticker. Or it's supposed to. Unless it is working against you. I'm in America, where people like to exercise their first amendment right to free speech, and sometimes have offensive stickers. My latest one is NRA, Freedom's Safest Place. But I'm thinking about changing NRA to JESUS!

Hi,

I was just wondering what people's views are on having a sticker on the rear window of their vehicle, stating "Front & Rear dash cams fitted to this vehicle" or words to that effect ?

I have one and wondering if this creates issues or decreases the chance of people tail gating and cutting you up.

Or even worse, does this increase the chance of thieves breaking into the vehicle because you may have a nice expensive dash cam for them to steal !!

I never let anyone know I have a dashcam. If you’re involved in an incident let people lie while you keep your element of surprise. People who follow too closely are the worst drivers and it will not stop them...they’re crazy...it’s my biggest pet peeve.

Had a encounter with a,,,, you guessed it BMW yesterday, made me feel sorry i dont have a rear camera, not least a little later when i had another idiot behind me tailgating me hard and denying the guy on my left in merging in behind me.

Okay that guy on the left i also denied merging in front of me, cuz he was very pushy and had i left just a bit more of a hole in front of me he would have dived into it for sure.

Last edited:
After many months of observation, the sign in the back of my van seems to be read more by people when I'm parked than when I'm driving. It's effectiveness when driving is mixed- I can see some people read it and back off while others read it and continue to think they can stop in time. On the road it mostly gets noticed when I'm stopped at a traffic light. Overall I think it works OK as a friendly reminder for those drivers who care but whose attention has declined, but it does nothing at all to the stupid ones who cannot see the error of their ways :cautious: It definitely works for the low-lifes walking the streets where I'm working who are looking for an easy target to steal from, and that is a large part of it's purpose for me :D

Tailgaters aren't the worst kind of driving offenders, but they are the most prevalent kind and the offense is the least excusable. A more effective tailgating deterrent is a prominent Reese hitch with a long high-mounted hitch ball shaft guaranteed to destroy the radiator of anyone who hits it at even a moderate speed :rolleyes: People don't seem to care about legal offenses as they know that the worst that can happen to them is a traffic ticket and raised insurance rates sometime in their near future, but they don't want to risk their car being immediately immobilized needing at least towing and hundreds of dollars in repairs before it is driveable again :whistle: Inadequate penalties for infractions and inadequate enforcement of traffic laws is the root of the problem, and no signs or stickers can fix that :(

So my 'sign vote' is a qualified "No" because for most folks the sign or sticker will do little more than draw attention to your car and your cams without any other real benefit. Dashcams are meant to be an unobtrusive unbiased silent witness and they are more effective when used as designed :cool:

Phil

What is the sign in the back of your van? As for the Reese hitch with ball, what makes you think people who are stupid enough to tailgate, are smart enough to know what that might do to their radiator?

What they don't know won't hurt you.

The stuff they say at the accident scene may change when the cops show up.

In a worse case situation, they may realize the cam video shows something they don't want to be responsible for....and some violent morons will try to take the cam, or destroy it. Yes, not common, but we have drugged, immoral crazy people out there.

My thoughts are keep the cam running for the duration of the event, including any intercourse with cops after the accident.

well, for tailgaters you might add this
"you are being recorded"
display.jpg
Or a laser light
laser.jpg

What is the sign in the back of your van? As for the Reese hitch with ball, what makes you think people who are stupid enough to tailgate, are smart enough to know what that might do to their radiator?

p8240028-jpg.25526

I chose the lettering size to be something which most folks could read from about a car length away which is where there is no chance of them seeing anything ahead except my huge van. Under the arrow is written "Here's ONE" referring to the multiple cams, and on the bottom it says "You've just been uploaded to the cloud" which is not true but they can't know that ;) You can just see my Mobius in front. I think that's a G1W-HC above the sign; there's a G1W-S there now. Pardon the mess, I usually keep things stowed neatly and clean the old bus every weekend.

Phil

Too much?

(Don't worry, the sign is really for my house.)
f9b40c9d8298d7454570ada476dd5c47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back