dash cam with absolute best parking mode and setup advice

Garmin Dash Cam 55 has good buffered parking mode ($199 though)

Why is it impossible to find a chinese dashcam with a parking mode like Thinkware or Blackvue ?
I don't want to spend more than USD150 for a dashcam.
Is there no market for this ?
Starting with 2018 will be for sure chinese dashcams with buffered parking mode because Novatek is implementing this feature.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks
That's a good news ! I'm looking forward to test this !

Hi
I am utterly disgusted by basic ethics of people living around my apartment and after 3 incidences in one year, i decided to pay as much as I can to prevent this happening again. Please give me advice. It is fine as long as it is under 1k ish. I am willing to pay whatever I need to absolutely prevent this

I believe there is something called buffered parking mode which is considered the best option unless I have power source to record 24/7 which doesnt sound possible to me. For this option, please suggest which product I should buy. Also, please let me know which battery pack will be best option for me. It would be better if it last +24hours. Feel free to give me any other option that would work in my situation.

Thank you in advance. Any advice would be appreciated.

the new time lapse feature takes parking mode a step further, condensing the entire parking duration into shorter recordings.

with time lapse, the dash cam can sustain longer operational period while reducing video file size, allowing a longer coverage

in parking surveillance mode.

In other words, an M02 dash cam with a 16GB microSD card–55 minutes recording front and rear in Extreme mode–could run for over

27 hours in Time Lapse Parking Mode before starting to loop.

Pretty cool, right?

Still no buffered parking mode with Novatek chipset ?

The first video here is with my F770 in motion detection. It picks up all kinds of motion and records it. However, it did not record the truck pulling in or out of the parking space. It requires the motion to be in the center of the image instead off to the side. I decided to give time lapse a try, it works really well capturing everything at 1 second per image. The second video here is the full half hour it records into a 2 minute segment. There is approximately 40+ hours of front and rear time lapse coverage in 17gig on my current card. Now with my camera, it no longer records g-sensor impacts in parking mode. I can hear the chime when I shut the door after it starts the parking mode, yet there is no event recording, just the time lapse video. Those time lapse that would be event or heavy motion detection are placed in a different folder. The third video here is one of these, it is a 5 minute span in a 20 second segment. It also triggers the low battery protection four hours sooner. Sometime I plan on a second camera up front, one for motion/g-sensor and the other with time lapse. I think time lapse with g-sensor would be the best combo.
These are while we were having dinner at Johnny's New York Style Pizza in West Point Georgia. It's the place with the red door across the street.

Time to take my sick self grocery shopping. Later

Back