dash cam with gopro mount

wddossett

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I am going to get a dashcam. I have a jeep ruby hardrock and it has a bolt in adapter on the dash for my phone and a gopro camera... so I would like to find a dashcame that has a gopro type mount so I don't need to fiddle with another mount or anything on the windscreen as my gopro mount lets me position it anywhere in the front window pretty much... anyone know of one that does this and is recommended? or otherwise that you can get a gopro mount adapter for, or I can maybe build one with a 3d printer or somehthing?

Thanks

chrome_image_9 Dec 2022 07_42_53 GMT.pngmost cheaper dashcams use a mount like this, with more expensive ones having proprietary mounts, and a GoPro mount isn't something that is really offered with dashcams.

You could make your own, but it's not really worth it since dashcams will always come with the mount they require, and once you put it in properly, you shouldn't have to mess with it again

once you have the tripod screw, you can easily get a female tripod screw to gopro mount adapter
(or you can get also get a gopro suction cup mount)Unknown-2.jpg

Yeah, you can find quite a selection of GoPro mount adapters if you dig a little bit. You can get either a male or female 1/4-20 tripod thread and/or or either side of the GoPro slotted mount. Some Toyota trucks come with a clip in the style like you see in the upper right of the photo, for example. Not sure what Jeeps come with.

gopro_mounts.jpg

Last edited:
Back