Dash cam with output to monitor.

DashCamo

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi,
Im looking for a dash cam that can give live output to a monitor with low latency, hdmi, analog, displayport or whatever.
Any recomendations?

I did try seraching the forum :)

Most viofo models have AV out, latency is going to be around half a second on any camera though
The seem to have a 2,5 inch AV-out connector.
I bought the Street Guardian SG9665XS V2 hoping to use the AV-out, never managed to get any picture.

The seem to have a 2,5 inch AV-out connector.
I bought the Street Guardian SG9665XS V2 hoping to use the AV-out, never managed to get any picture.
check the cable, it does work but the connection is not a standard, you may find the video signal is not on the output your cable is wired to

Yes it seem like mixing it up even on a stupid little jack plug are a favorite of some people, i have tried that a few times having to find the AV signal where i would not expect it.
For the same reason i have a assortment of plugs with a little wire on, so i can do trial and error to find the signal.
The cameras ( CCTV ) with a BNC plug are much more predictable.

It would be helpful to use a multi-meter to test the 2.5mm pin connections on the video patch cable and its yellow RCA plug contacts in order to determine the wiring connection scheme. Then it could be matched to the AV port plug connections on the A119 with a pig: a 2.5mm plug with a short cable and bare leads that could be tested with the multi-meter to determine the camera's AV wiring scheme.

Hi,
Im looking for a dash cam that can give live output to a monitor with low latency, hdmi, analog, displayport or whatever.
Any recomendations?

I did try seraching the forum :)

I have been using a Mini 0805P(I will double check)to stream to 6 monitors on my tour bus, using an HDMI cable. It has worked great for 2 years & the passengers love it. The only thing I'm not sure of, if the cam can record while streaming thru the HDMI. I also run a Vicovation Opia2 to record for my protection while driving....

If you zoom in, the Mini is on the top of the windshield for streaming, the Vicovation Opia2 is on the bottom next to the Garmin 785 GPS, which also has a cam in it.

Attachments

• 20191016_102849.jpg
    20191016_102849.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 9
I think most cameras with a HDMI out can not record at the same time as it stream footage.

Update:
I bought this https://www.amazon.de/gp/B07HYYJC3S
1571761053324.png

Camera used: Street Guardian SG9665XS V2.

Idea: To use as a reverse camera.

Result:
I get signal (on the white audio connector but it does not matter).
However the camera can't flip the image itself so I need to flip it in the monitor, resulting in information such as date etc also is flipped.

Verdict:
Since I already have the SG9663DCPRO in this car Im hoping for the SG wifi app and putting this camera in my other car, to be used until I can afford and replace with the Street Guardian SG9663DCPRO.

Extra:
I also had the idea to use another one as a forward facing camera so I could sit releaxed watching the screen when im waiting for the traffic light to turn green, instead of sitting tilted forward looking upwards.
I had and Android Dash cam for this before and it was very comfortable.
But the cheap monitor I used flipped both inputes, this is no fault of the camera a better monitor could fix it.

Also the video output is 4:3 from the Street Guardian SG9665XS V2, most monitors are 16:9 so the image was stretched out and the reversing became a bit wierd.

I have been using a Mini 0805P(I will double check)to stream to 6 monitors on my tour bus, using an HDMI cable. It has worked great for 2 years & the passengers love it. The only thing I'm not sure of, if the cam can record while streaming thru the HDMI. I also run a Vicovation Opia2 to record for my protection while driving....
How is the HDMI picture quality from the Mini 0805P?
Do you if the Mini 0805P can mirror-flip the picture ?

Also the video output is 4:3 from the Street Guardian SG9665XS V2, most monitors are 16:9 so the image was stretched out and the reversing became a bit wierd.

You might want to consider a Mobius for this purpose as it can select AV output in 16:9 or 4:3 in both PAL or NTSC.

mobius.jpg

Back