Dash cam with security purpose

hspwoerz

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi everyone!

Im searching for a cam that is capable parking monitoring, motion sense and able to capture both side glasses too (just bought a car and already had a door ding when i was away..)
Is there any suggestions for that? Dont need 4k and shiny things just to be able to catch it...

Thank you for your help! :)

To capture door ding in parking lot your best option are cameras that are mounted on the side of the car and film out back, but there are very few systems like that and even fewer of those are 1080p
You can also get 2 channel cameras where one are aimed at the cabin and so do see a little out of the side windows, but this will not see the actual action, and i doubt G-sensor on any camera are sensitive enough to be triggered by a small door ding at least.
So your best option are a camera that can use low bitrate but always record while parked, the problem then is knowing a dent have been made if the G-sensor have not picked it up.
To be honest i think even if you have a dashcam with G sensor on, it would noit register is someone keyed the whole side of your car with a key or knife as that action are not really a G-sensor event.

Some systems you can also put on your side windows, but no camera are made for that kind of use, so one have to go creative.
I personally use a dual remote camera, and am fortunate to have fixed glass in my car, so i have been able to stick the cameras to that glass on my rear doors.
Still that dont cover the side of your car as that would require even wider angle lenses than normal dashcams, but it do capture people walking up yo your car.

Back