Dash cam with zoom capability

I really appreciate your replies guys.
My set up purposes it is only to keep me, my beloveds or any other passengers safe.
I'm driving for 29 years. I believe that I've got enough experience to drive without this set up as well but, if possible, why not making driving even easier and safer.
I feel very confident driving just like that but, sometimes, going up and down on the hill it crossing the mountains, I do feel like I need a third eye, if you know what I mean.
Won't be much used tbh, as nowadays mostly all of the roads, even in the cities, have double lines so, no need to overtake.
Any suggestions for my set up are still highly appreciated.

Come to think of it, a forward facing side mirror on @Tony2004's vehicle might be a possible interesting solution to the overtaking problem?
I know the system. It is called "periscopic mirrors for RHD" or something. However, I've spoken with the people who use use them and 90% found them useless.

yeah we have certain vehicles which are left hand drive, some are even dual control such as garbage trucks, we also have special registration classes for imported special interest vehicles, old American vehicles etc, not really daily driver stuff, they're generally marked accordingly also so that other road users are more aware of the driver not being in the same seat as normal

I know the system. It is called "periscopic mirrors for RHD" or something. However, I've spoken with the people who use use them and 90% found them useless.

Actually, I think my mail lady may have something sort of like that. I'll need to take a better look at her vehicle next time she's here.

My set up purposes it is only to keep me, my beloveds or any other passengers safe.
If you can trust their judgment, it's possibly safer to ask your passenger "Is anything coming the other way?"

I have tried to drive English cars on a closed area, and it is a bit weird having to shift the stick with the wrong hand, but a problem it never was for those short drives.
I am also sure i would adjust faster to that then say drive a automatic transmission which i have always found strange and stupid the few minutes i have driven care like that.
Actually my longest driving in a automatic was in a large Iveco rental truck a few years ago, but that worked well no extra bills from the rental company.

I always call out traffic, at least when i drive with my friend, even if he dont do that driving with me.
so he get a lot of " this side is clear" from me.

I think the longest setup I could achieve is a 6-22mm lens on a GitUp F1 4K set to 2x crop. The F1 can output live video for FPV purposes, although I have not tried it myself and I can't remember what the AV out resolution is. If I get the chance I could record some video with that setup to help you decide whether the narrow field of view and the vibration are acceptable for your intended purpose.

I think the longest setup I could achieve is a 6-22mm lens on a GitUp F1 4K set to 2x crop. The F1 can output live video for FPV purposes, although I have not tried it myself and I can't remember what the AV out resolution is. If I get the chance I could record some video with that setup to help you decide whether the narrow field of view and the vibration are acceptable for your intended purpose.
That would be great Tony. The narrow field won't be a problem, maybe the vibrations, but will see.
As I previously mentioned, my primitive set up with with two smartphones, wasn't too bad, from the field view point of view.
I'm actually happy with a very narrow field from my experiences.
Maybe the Samsung S7 Edge, has a bit of image stabilization, not sure, but worked.
Let's see were your test will go.
Thank you!

You may think having a live view on the screen makes you safer the laws in various lands will disagree with that.
Never "discuss" with a European policeman why you feel aggrieved when they are writing out that fine, maybe impounding your car. Most forces do not take kindly to that thus you will make your situation worse.
I have driven in countries were traffic the steering wheel is on the wrong side, including the UK. It can be stressful, but you have to go with the flow and just not be forced into overtaking where is can endanger lives.

Back