Dash camera app with parked car accident notification and other features

ansmith84

App Developer
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I see a lot of dash camera discussion here! Me and my partner recently finished our dash-camera app and wanted to get some feedback from you guys :)

It has parked car accident detection. It detects if something hits your car and sends you a notification. It also has traffic signs detection capabilities, location tracking and image streaming.
It's something like a dash camera + car security system.

If you don't like it, please be gentle, we're working on our spare time on this :)

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myguardcam

More about the app:

Reactions: gse
I forgot to give you a link the the app website: Dash Camera Android App Website . You can read more about the app features there.

Also I don't see any feedback yet :) I know we have to work on video stabilization and timestamp. Video stabilization is somehow easier but we have to reduce the video dimensions. Timestamp it's a harder problem to solve. Or at least that is how it looks for now.

I know, but the feedback from this type of form is also good. I think it's more focus on functionality here, that software tips :)

I know, but the feedback from this type of form is also good. I think it's more focus on functionality here, that software tips :)
That's true. There are a few people here interested in such features if you can make them work well, but as you've probably discovered going this deep into cam firmware isn't easy. All I can suggest is to design for ease of using new cams as these can become at least somewhat obsolete in a couple of years due to new sensors and processors emerging on a regular basis.

Phil

I see a lot of dash camera discussion here! Me and my partner recently finished our dash-camera app and wanted to get some feedback from you guys :)
Should be "My partner and I".. Important to use the queens English properly if you want to be taken seriously. :)

Should be "My partner and I".. Important to use the queens English properly if you want to be taken seriously. :)
Being from Romania, English is probably not their native language so no need to bash them :cautious: Their message is perfectly understandable and "The Queen's English" is no more or less proper than any other English dialect except in England. Which this message is not "aboot", eh? :LOL:

Phil

That's true. There are a few people here interested in such features if you can make them work well, but as you've probably discovered going this deep into cam firmware isn't easy. All I can suggest is to design for ease of using new cams as these can become at least somewhat obsolete in a couple of years due to new sensors and processors emerging on a regular basis.

Phil
this is an app that uses your phone as the dashcam, not an app to work with dashcams

this is an app that uses your phone as the dashcam, not an app to work with dashcams
Well doggone it I missed that. Zero interest in that myself, wish them well!

Phil

I see a lot of dash camera discussion here! Me and my partner recently finished our dash-camera app and wanted to get some feedback from you guys
Is your application like the Daily Roads Voyager, but with extra features? But your application does not use dashcams, but does it need a smartphone?

Sorry, English is not my native language. I wrote smith as is somewhat related to my native name :)

Is your application like the Daily Roads Voyager, but with extra features? But your application does not use dashcams, but does it need a smartphone?

Yes, you need a smart phone staring with api21 - Lolipop (2014 on-wards). Why buy a dash-camera when you can use your old Android phone for free :)

Here are the main features of the GuardCam app:
- Dash camera: records 10 minutes videos, in loop. You can set your video quality and storage capacity;
- Parked car accident detection: detect when your parked car is hit by something ans sends you an alert/notification;
-Traffic signs detection: it detects STOP and YIELD traffic signs, but you can teach it to detect any object you want (tutorial on the website);
-Location tracking: it can track you device (by login to your account on the website you have a map where you can track the device left in your car).

Last edited:
Back