Dash Camera Heat Test

Which Dash Camera Brand do you think withstood the most heat?

• Total voters
It wasn't very sunny or hot here today and my car reached 114F inside at 1:24PM. It was only 69F outside.

Sounds like what happened when my A119 Mini 2 shut down the other day, only it was a bit warmer than that out but not especially a hot day and it was overcast.

Let me try and re explain the oven used

No other setting would start at the 145 setting. They were all like 200 degrees or higher.

Which operating temperature of all the units were up to approx 140 or higher.

We could not start at 200. Limitation of equipment we used.

Also other settings were going to make it harder to mount equipment in there as there would be burners turned on above or below. Which in turn we might as well used a normal oven. Which we were not prepared to do.

We did the best we could do with the equipment we got.

Thanks for explaining the oven settings further. That was basically the answer to the question I was getting in the first place when I said, "I'm curious to know the logic of your reasoning for selecting "dehydrate" rather than say, "bake" or some other setting.

Meanwhile, I did a little research and learned more about the oven you used. Ninja describes it as an "Air Fryer Toaster Oven", so it is more or less a convection oven. Ninja claims it has " ‘up to ten times the convection power of a traditional full-size convection oven" and it has one of the most powerful fan systems on the market for this category of oven, so no matter how you use it regardless of setting the fan system will be moving at lot of air. The reviews say this thing cooks foods faster than other models.

Here are the temperature parameters for each setting. Now I understand why "dehydrate" was chosen for the tests rather than any other setting as it is the most logical setting for this purpose.

• Air Fry (250°F–450°F)
  • Whole Roast (250°F–450°F)
  • Air Roast (250°F–450°F)
  • Bake (180°F–450°F)
  • Dehydrate (85°F–200°F)
  • Pizza (180°F–450°F)
  • Bagel (level 1-7, 1-9 slices)
  • Toast (level 1-7, 1-9 slices)
  • Broil (HI or LO)
  • Reheat (100°F–450°F)

Obviously, a $300.00 Air Fryer Convection Oven can't quite compete with am industrial thermal test chamber that costs thousands of dollars but this was a remarkable accomplishment that comes pretty close even with it's limitations. Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Back