Dash camera saves this girl a claim. She admitted fault due to the range rover driver saying she ran a red.

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.

This claim had now been found in her favour due to the footage showing our light was still red... She admitted she had ran a red light because the driver of the other car said she did. Her insurance company was all ready to pay out. I had to search for her on Facebook to tell her she wasn't at fault. She was so upset. The person who I gave my card to contacted me to ask if I had heard from his insurance company and I said I am really sorry but I have viewed the footage and you pulled out on red. He watched the footage which I privately shared with both parties via my website and the insurance company also downloaded it.

The insurance company has done the right thing and cleared her name and stopped this young new driver paying a fortune in insurance for years...

I haven't edited the video apart from making it shorter.

Last edited:
Awww thats nice (y)
This are one example i use when i tell people why they should get a dashcam, and there are plenty low life people like that guy around.
I had to rewind the video a few times, but you can clearly see the LR run the red light before it disappear out of view due to the truck.
And +1 karma point for the dashcammer to pull over like that (y)
We cant have people go around and pretend to be American policemen, that can and will lie to get you to admit to something you have not done.

This is why it's important for dashcam owners to stop and give their details when witnessing a crash. A lot of people buy them to protect themselves only, not thinking about others who may need the "evidence" for their own incidents, and we see so many crashes where a dashcam witness just drives on regardless.

My rear cam witnessed a collision that I hadn't actually seen once, and it was far enough away that I couldn't trace reg plates which is a shame, I only noticed it when watching footage days later

Nice of the OP to step in like this, and it is something we all should do in most circumstances. At the very least we can contact the Police and tell them what we saw and recorded, and that could save an innocent person from harm. While we buy our dashcams mainly for ourselves, in sharing the vids like this we will probably be adding another person to the list of people using dashcams and that can only be a good thing.

Phil

Back