Dash mounted viofo

Philzter888

Reaction score
Country
Australia
3FB11527-480C-438E-B62F-FBB1FF289D0A.jpeg
I haven’t seen anyone do this yet so I decided to post this as an alternative to the usual windscreen mount which may have cable/side curtain airbag problems on modern cars. This is a Garmin GPS mount, with a special ball adapter you can get from these screw in air-vent phone mounts. The camera needs to be upside down, and picture adjusted. The cons is that it does “bounce” a little a idle but is fine while in motion. The pro is that you can use a sun shade in front. The perspective is fine, and it doesn’t move at all so no velcro required. Glare on number plates at night is bad, but its almost impossible to grab at night anyway.

Last edited:
The usual high mounting gives a better view, and certainly for plates on the cars ahead of you since it can 'see' lower up close to your car. But if you're happy with the view and the exposure control works good then that's all that matters.

Phil

How does that mount fare driving over cobbles and the like.

How does that mount fare driving over cobbles and the like.
Sorry don't really have those kind of roads here. If there was, I would certainly try to avoid them becos of 19" wheels and hard suspension! Closest thing would be the bumps entering and exiting driveways, and dont really notice anything on footage.

Back