Dash/sport cam recommendations

Boomshanka22

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi guys..
I would really appreciate your help.. I am looking for a dashcam or sport cam but i need a couple of requirements.. I need to a weather proof cam that can be left plugged in to a power source at all times to record permanently outside the home (mounted outside to a window).. Also that will accept either a 128 or 256 gb micro SD card and ideally with a half decent microphone..
I would really appreciate anyones recommendations
Many Thanks
John

Welcome to the forum John.

No action camera can be plugged into a mains USB charger or USB power bank and be waterproof, for this you will need one of the smart CCTV / security cameras which you can get from like 30 US dollars and up.
Those are also smarter as they have wifi, and often some form of cloud storage, and a APP so you can access it from your phone / tablet.

There are also the battery options, but those i don't think are waterproof though they can accept a external power source

At home you are best off with a proper CCTV system, i have that ( 4 channel ip camera ) on my 2 floor apartment, with a camera on the balcony door aimed at my parked car.

CCTV cameras can be pretty small too, you can have a 20 X optical zoom camera that are just 120 mm or so in diameter,,,,,, VS the football sized one i have.
cameras without PTZ are even smaller, but i need PTZ on my car as i don't always park in the same spot + i am zoomed in on the car.
non PTZ cameras you can also get with a manual zoom and focus you have to do when setting up, this will be fine if you park in the same spot.
Also microphone and speaker are often additional things for CCTV cameras.

Thanks Kamkar,
Thats great, i'll probably take this option.. It's actually only a temporary requirement which is why i initially thought of a dash or sport cam.. Thanks very much for the reply and info

Back