Dashcam 56 firmware 3.20

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
  • Added the capability to delete custom POIs on the camera
  • Added the Garmin Drive app icon to better indicate when the camera is connected to the Garmin Drive app on a mobile device
  • Added the Dash Cam Auto Sync icon to better indicate the number of active cameras
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes

After my 56w cam received this firmware just three days ago, it has begun constantly giving me Incident Detected events. The next morning, there was another firmware update waiting. I installed that, but the Incident Detected 'errors' keep coming. In a two mile stretch of normal road, it went off 8 times. Just this morning, with about 8 miles of smooth freeway driving, it triggered 13 times. And not all of these 'events' are leaving saved videos, either. Most events are not saved. The camera has not been dropped or otherwise treated poorly. It is affixed to my windshield with the suction cup mount. I need an answer or I will be forced to return it, I'm afraid.

Haven't had any issues with the newest firmware 3.20 installed in either camera.

Same here. Event detection set to OFF. Dash Cam 56
Sometimes event detection triggers on bumpy roads, sometimes not -even when hitting camera with hand. Looks like buggy firmware - typical for GARMIN.... :(
Wrote to Garmin support- received back: "I have added you to a case investigating this, we will let you know when this is resolved"

p.s. sorry about my English :)

Many of my friends have Garmin Oregon 650/750 (for geocaching) - bugfest all the time! Even after 3 years patching...
I have older Oregon 450 - still some bugs (no more FW updates).

I have a Garmin 400t. Never had a problem one with it. I deal with Garmin aviation equipment all the time, and have never had any issues with those.

Same here. Event detection set to OFF. Dash Cam 56
Sometimes event detection triggers on bumpy roads, sometimes not -even when hitting camera with hand. Looks like buggy firmware - typical for GARMIN.... :(
Wrote to Garmin support- received back: "I have added you to a case investigating this, we will let you know when this is resolved"

Me too - updated to 3.20 today - event detection on/off is now 'broken' constantly triggers even when turned off. So annoying.

On the chat with Garmin - apparently can't roll back to 3.10, cant RMA as its s/w related and there's no ETA for a fix (apparently its a new issue despite being logged by Kaspiic). Frustrating and making me regret the decision to buy their product.

...but I do have a 2 year warranty... :unsure:

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any events since installing 3.20. Did you try factory reset?

Yes- 2x factory reset- no luck - event detections triggers time to time.
Without factory reset events triggered even on small bumps- in 1km on "normal" city street 3-4x. After factory reset- only on big bumps.
But as I said- not always. Sometimes event not triggered even with hitting camera with hand (maybe this is different type of force- who knows...).

And yes- I upgraded from 3.00 -> 3.20 without 3.10. I guess 3.20 was hotfix for 3.10 (from Mwaters post)

And again- sorry about my English :)

Same as Kaspiic.

Of course unknown variable being the stiffness of the ride in all our vehicles / condition of the roads we’re experiencing the unwanted alerts on.

Either way though ‘events’ should still be disabled if unchecked.

Back