Dashcam 56 firmware 3.40

Kaspiic

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Version: 3.40
File Size: 40,30 MB

• Increased the acquisition speed for GPS locations while the dash camera is connected to the Garmin Drive app
• Improved incident detection
• Miscellaneous bug fixes

Anyone installed and tested? Incident detection fixed? New BUGz? :cool:

Only just installed - as far as I can the ability to (actually) disable event detection entirely seems to be back at least.

Tested for 500km ride - so far so good.
Noticed that device starts to record after power-on even faster- just in few seconds! Nice!
Also noticed (maybe I`m wrong) that night time recordings are in better quality. But still - meh.... forget about plate numbers in darker images- too much grain :mad:

I have 2 garmins connected to my car, after update only one camera shows the "parking mode" option, however both record in parking mode, if option is selected. weird.

Need help for this beginner.
Just purchased my new Garmin 56 and installed 3.40 now the screen stays on when powered and I get this flashing screen every 5 to 10 seconds that says
Turn off in 5
Recording stops.

I have reset the 56 a few times and still screen stays on all the time and still get that Turn off in 5 screen
I reformatted the memory card in the camera as well as turned off all the avoidance settings which I don't want now.

Last edited:
Updated and Problem Solved.
Problem was not the Garmin 56 cam or software but my cheap power wall plugin charger and cable I used.
Must be a weak connection and was showing power loss and then back on again and the camera was just trying to keep up.
LOL

Here is my Problem/Symptoms in detail
I have a new Garmin Dash Cam 56. Fully charged battery with external power.
Updated software using Garmin Express to V3.40
Removed from computer and finalized software install while on external power.
All went well without any problems.

I started it back up while on external power and it starts but within a few seconds I get a white screen that pops up from the right saying "Turn off in 5, Recordings stops"
This pops up every 3 to 5 seconds and never counts down from 5.
What I have done
Reformatted memory card with camera.
Reset camera by resetting to factory defaults.
Held the power button down for 13 seconds to reset
After all this it still keep popping up that white screen saying "Turn off in 5, Recordings stops"
Now here is what I did next.
Ran camera on its battery power and I do not get any countdown screen
The screen goes blank in 1 minute like normal
Then plugged into external power and it continues ok and screen stays blank
Now after I’m going to guess 10 to 15 minutes I hear a beep and look at the camera and the screen is now on.
It then has that count down screen shows up and now counts down from 5 to 0 and the screen goes off like normal.
Another 10 min pass and I hear a beep again and the screen is now on again.
and the countdown screen shows and the screen goes off in 5 seconds.

2 minutes pass and the screen is now back on and the countdown screen shows up and goes away and doesn’t count down at all and the screen stays on.

Now all I get is a beep and that countdown screen shows up and goes away and doesn’t do a thing and the screen stays on until the next time it beeps and that countdown sreen shows up.
Do you think it’s time to return to Amazon or is there something I’m just missing?

Last edited:
Back