Dashcam batteries based on NMC batteries

Also, any idea whether NMC battery safer than Lifepo4 based battery?
It is going to depend more on the electronics used and the safety sensors than the chemistry of the battery, no point in worrying about the type of battery except for the lifespan, and their claimed 5000 cycles is good if it turns out to be true.

That is going to be a serious charge rate, doesn't say how much but must be around 30A at mid charge, which would explain the need for silicone cables. Cables overheating are probably the main worry, followed by the effect on your car, which will not have been designed to provide a continuous 30A of power to accessories. Might be wise to let a few other people try it out first! Are there any reviews from actual customers available?

No review so far.
I don't see the need to charge at 30A for car accessories like dashcam. So I think it's an overkill for its need.

I thought it would rather difficult to place NMC in terms of pricing vs lifepo4, nmc being a newer technology. But the pricing is rather similar to a cellink neo.

No review so far.
I don't see the need to charge at 30A for car accessories like dashcam. So I think it's an overkill for its need.

I thought it would rather difficult to place NMC in terms of pricing vs lifepo4, nmc being a newer technology. But the pricing is rather similar to a cellink neo.
30A is the rate at which it charges, not the rate it outputs to the dashcam. The higher the rate, the less time you need to drive every day to keep it charged.

A lot of normal lipo batteries are NMC, but they seem to suggest they are using an advanced version of it, so it is hard to know what the actual cost of the batteries is. Given the 5000 cycle lifetime claim, I guess it is good stuff. The cost of electric car batteries is dropping as demand has increased rapidly, I wont be surprised if it becomes a lot cheaper than the Lifepo4 over the next couple of years.

Oh, I wasn't aware that car ACC fuse can charge 30A.

My cellink neo attaches to the cigarette lighter and only pulls 5A.

The ACC fuse is normally 20A, and I think a cigar lighter socket is something like 10A.

I don't think it would achieve those charge times if it only took 20A, maybe you can find/acquire an installation manual?

Makes sense on the current rating then. Probably possible to meet its charging requirements.

I'll hold off considering it though, pending more reviews.. No issues with the cellink neo right now.

Thanks for the inputs so far!

Back