Dashcam battery come with little or no charge?

John Allen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my dash cam in the mail, got it all set up, plugged it into the cigarette lighter, and in a few seconds the screen has a flashing message that says low battery. A few seconds more and the whole thing shuts off. I have plugged the unit for 3 hours trying to get the battery charged, to no avail. What is going on here? Do I need to send me a note back? Thank you.

Does your cigarette lighter plug have power when the vehicle or key is shut off?

Does your cigarette lighter plug have power when the vehicle or key is shut off?

I am thinking it might be and the camera is detecting the car battery level. I like the full time power socket in my Jeep.
Sure does help to know what camera he got as well.

I am thinking it might be and the camera is detecting the car battery level. I like the full time power socket in my Jeep.
Sure does help to know what camera he got as well.
Guessing that after 3 weeks the OP has it figured out..

Guessing that after 3 weeks the OP has it figured out..
Probably so. When I first saw the OP I thought "Nextbase" as many (most?) of their cams require an in-home charging prior to use, which is mentioned in the owner's manual that many new owner's seem to fail to read. I can't really understand that as all the other brands I'm aware of still using batteries will function correctly without that step :cautious:

They won't have been the first person here having this problem and they probably won't be the last... it's pretty normal for us humans to not read the instructions first :rolleyes: What's life without a little adventure? :LOL:

Phil

Back