Dashcam captures a plane crash in Colorado, while in drive thru

o_O that's pretty much what i would have said too.

11 seconds, the trademark Canadian at 14 i dont think i would go for, mon dieu or sacre bleu might come up if my brain was near french mode at the time.

But hard to tell what language my grey goo come up with, it might as well be something sounding like the bushman "click" language

I think I would probably say what was said at 11 seconds mark. In addition to that, if I was at the window, I think I would drop my pop or greasy burger.

Not easy to catch an aeroplane on a wide angle dashcam, but my B1W got this a few days ago, only just above tree height:

Thats a Sonic burger for all the people outside of USA. You can park outside and they will come to your car in roller blades. I just went to one yesterday for the first time after a hiking trip.

120415-sonic-100631488-primary.idge.jpg

0917-a-sonic-022.jpg

No sonic franchise here,,,, yet
I like the nostalgia wit the door tray and full service, make a nice change in these self service days.

That girl, i would have to do my best to have her leave my car with a even bigger smile.

...I like the nostalgia wit the door tray and full service, make a nice change in these self service days.
There's an old fashioned drive-in burger place not too far from me. During the summer on week nights and almost all day on weekends and holidays it's nearly impossible to get into the place - really good burgers and ice cream sundaes made to order just about any way you can think of.

No sonic franchise here,,,, yet
I like the nostalgia wit the door tray and full service, make a nice change in these self service days.

I didn't get a door tray yesterday, don't think this chain does it. All of these Sonic chains look alike. The one I went to had the same roadway setup.

been a bad few days for air travel here in the US...

at 0:37 in the news broadcast you can see the trademark yellow/red dot on the corner of the Sonic at the left of the frame. Looks like the people in that plane were pretty lucky to only have minor injuries - looked like it hit the road pretty hard.

Edit: I've never seen the "car-hops" on skates here in houston... and there are a LOT of Sonics here.

Last edited:
hehe yeah i saw that plane with the exploding engine / broken window thing too, i bet thats a wakeup call on otherwise pretty mind numbing flights.

hehe yeah i saw that plane with the exploding engine / broken window thing too, i bet thats a wakeup call on otherwise pretty mind numbing flights.
not to mention a reminder to ALWAYS keep your seat belt on, even after they turn off the light. the main reason being you never know when you might hit rough turbulence. but it might have kept this lady in her seat too - she may have only had a blown out eardrum or a broken arm or something instead of having her torso out the window as was reported.

it reminds me of that Hawaiian plane back in the 80s where a whole section of the roof came off. everyone with their seatbelts on lived. the only fatality was a flight attendant who was walking down the aisle when it happened.

back on the southwest one - they mentioned how unlikely it was that the fan blade itself could have broken the window... i noticed in a few of the pictures, that there IS NO WINDOW directly in line with the fan portion of the engine. current theory is that a piece of the cowling flipped back and into the fuselage and cracked the side window on its way off the plane. they also think cowling parts are what caused the damage to the leading edge of the wing.

note lack of window by the "h" in Southwest - i don't think that's a coincidence. The broken window is so far back, there's no way a fan blade spinning that fast could have been pushed that far away just by the wind. if the blade was light enough to be pushed back that far just by the wind, it wouldn't have enough kinetic energy to break the window.
1524245890811.png

Back