Dashcam companies faking youtube views?

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just posted a dash cam review for a no name cam this week... this morning it was suddenly at 1700 views. now its over 7000 views.... has anyone seen companies swarm videos somehow to get the view counts up? At first I thought maybe the company put my video on some retail site because I have had some videos posted to gearbest's product pages and the view counts went up quite a bit, but it seems impossible for this video of mine to have over 7000 views in just a few days.

I just posted a dash cam review for a no name cam this week... this morning it was suddenly at 1700 views. now its over 7000 views.... has anyone seen companies swarm videos somehow to get the view counts up? At first I thought maybe the company put my video on some retail site because I have had some videos posted to gearbest's product pages and the view counts went up quite a bit, but it seems impossible for this video of mine to have over 7000 views in just a few days.

It sounds like someone hired one of the boiler-room click armies in India to boost the numbers on your YouTube review. Happens all the time. If it were me, I'd yank the video.

Hehe that do sound suspicious if you are not used for that kind of reaction on other similar product reviews.
I have no clue what kind of views my own videos get, my eyes are trained to ignore that part of the image on my screen.
This forum are also the only one where i use the like function, but i think this are based in if i dident signal this simple way i would have to type, and as you might have noticed when i get my 3 typing fingers going it get big pretty fast.
And i spend plenty of time in here already, so if i had to manually like with a post and type what i like this would turn into a full time job i am sure.

It was the same on the computer forum where i was a news writer and active casemodder, with reading up on news and posting and so on i easy spent 6 hours in front of the computer just for things relating to that forum.

cant you disable the view counter, there are some things that can be done in relation to the youtube channel.
But i do think all of those will have a negative effect if you are trying to earn a little youtube money.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the workers who are hired to click links to boost page views are called "Click Monkeys".

There's even a business by that name. They click ads - "1000 clicks for a buck!".

Have a look at the analytics and see if the views were from facebook or some other site.
Other than facebook, that number of views is highly unlikely.

Reactions: Mtz
Its at almost 12,000 views now. i demonitized it and removed the watch counter for now.

This big data thing is taking over, not only in IT but everywhere.

Somebody might have shared that video or they did pay ads.

Yes, it gives misinformation on it's popularity but it doesn't really alter the video nor the content so I don't mind it.
At least people are getting jobs in those farms, even if the farm is electronic. ;)
Unemployment here is nothing compared to the rates of some of 3rd world countries.

Yes, it gives misinformation on it's popularity but it doesn't really alter the video nor the content so I don't mind it.
At least people are getting jobs in those farms, even if the farm is electronic. ;)
Unemployment here is nothing compared to the rates of some of 3rd world countries.

First of all, the ultra low wage workers slaving away in these miserable click farm environments aren't being "employed" so much as they are being exploited.

Secondly, based on the advertising that appears on your reviews the videos you upload to YouTube are monetized and therefore it becomes clear why you "don't mind" if those videos were to become flooded with fraudulent clicks purchased by the Chinese vendors and manufacturers for whom you are beholden for the thousands of dollars worth of free merchandise they otherwise provide to you.

In contrast reviewer @USDashCamera's deletion of his review and notification to the company along with demonetization displays a much higher ethical standard for which I commend him.

Last edited:
First of all, the ultra low wage workers slaving away in these miserable click farm environments aren't being "employed" so much as they are being exploited.

Secondly, based on the advertising that appears on your reviews that the videos you upload to YouTube are monetized and therefore it becomes clear why you "don't mind" if those videos were to become flooded with fraudulent clicks purchased by the Chinese vendors and manufacturers for whom you are beholden for the thousands of dollars worth of free merchandise they otherwise provide to you.

In contrast reviewer @USDashCamera's deletion of his review and notification to the company along with demonetization displays a much higher ethical standard for which I commend him.
That's true that it's misinformation or more like advertisement.
You push a product through ad in front, whether it's TV, radio, paper, digital.
I don't think anyone has used my videos in click farm as I have yet to see a penny from my videos.
Last time I checked youtube dashboard few years ago, they pay after you earn $100 and still nowhere close.

That's true that it's misinformation or more like advertisement.
You push a product through ad in front, whether it's TV, radio, paper, digital.
I don't think anyone has used my videos in click farm as I have yet to see a penny from my videos.
Last time I checked youtube dashboard few years ago, they pay after you earn $100 and still nowhere close.

I wasn't questioning how much money you currently earn or don't earn on YouTube, I was reacting to your statement that you wouldn't mind if your monetized videos suddenly became flooded with 12,ooo fraudulent views as happened to @USDashCamera

I wasn't questioning how much money you currently earn or don't earn on YouTube, I was reacting to your statement that you wouldn't mind if your monetized videos suddenly became flooded with 12,ooo fraudulent views as happened to @USDashCamera
Okay got it.
I was just saying I don't mind it because it could have helped some unemployed folks in return.

Back