Dashcam driver runs into a California flash flood - and manages to escape.

That will teach a man to reverse his car at speed :D

I dont suppose this means the water starved californians finally got enuff water.

Not by a long shot. Those water are like band-aid on drought. Cali needs a lot more to restore the low reservoirs and rebuild snow caps.

That will teach a man to reverse his car at speed :D
or to learn how to do a J-turn!

it's actually not that hard. probably the hardest part is overcoming the inertia of the spin to move your hand to the gear lever and shift back into the correct forward gear. probably easier in an automatic. done it a few times (on an actual race course) in my miata. :D

Pretty easy to do at least in a FWD car, working on the ferries in the 90ties we often used 1 car to transport several guys to the cars on land needing to be driven onto the ferry.
And when i was driving and it was winter i allways turned the car that way, freaked out the other sailors, but in time they got used to it.
On snow with a FWD car you can make it do all manner of "wierd" things by just using gearbox and handbrake, you can even bring in a rear end sliding out by applying the handbrake, witch normally is used to make the rear end slide out, but with a FWD car it can allso be used to brine the rear back under control.

PS. saw a former friend of mine do the J turn in a stolen BMW 323 I, 2 times of that ( on dry tarmac ) and the gearbox was done for.

Still praying for snow here ( got 1.5 month to still make it work ) and then u hope i can disable all the elektronic BS in my little Suzuki, then i go searching for a open area for a little winter driving refresher course.

Pretty easy to do at least in a FWD car, working on the ferries in the 90ties we often used 1 car to transport several guys to the cars on land needing to be driven onto the ferry.
And when i was driving and it was winter i allways turned the car that way, freaked out the other sailors, but in time they got used to it.
On snow with a FWD car you can make it do all manner of "wierd" things by just using gearbox and handbrake, you can even bring in a rear end sliding out by applying the handbrake, witch normally is used to make the rear end slide out, but with a FWD car it can allso be used to brine the rear back under control.

PS. saw a former friend of mine do the J turn in a stolen BMW 323 I, 2 times of that ( on dry tarmac ) and the gearbox was done for.

Still praying for snow here ( got 1.5 month to still make it work ) and then u hope i can disable all the elektronic BS in my little Suzuki, then i go searching for a open area for a little winter driving refresher course.
it's easy in a rwd too. just don't forget to put in the clutch when changing gears. i learned to put in the clutch right before snapping the wheel around, start moving the gear lever as the car rotates, then stomp the gas and dump the clutch as it finishes rotating. you almost don't even have to straighten the wheel very much since it does it by itself.

obviously not a smart thing to do in a tall vehicle like an SUV or truck though...

Probably the first time a car outruns a flash flood. You always see them going down :D

Back