Dashcam Duo - cam with interior cam.

crabu2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Folks.. I'm thinking about getting this new Anker, and I can't seem to find any reviews but one on the Anker's community site. Has anyone used it?

What I'm most worried about is the 155 deg angle, and night usage.

On Edit:

I see Jokiin posted a like to the Anker (Thank you @jokiin), but I wanted to get it added here. I'd also like to add a 2nd dashcam, the Toguard CE46. I really can't find any review on it either.. The CE46 isn't even listed on their website.

Anker Dashcam Duo:

Toguard Uber Dual Dash Cam:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07MX47TF9

Thanks!

Last edited:
Folks.. I'm thinking about getting this new Anker, and I can't seem to find any reviews but one on the Anker's community site. Has anyone used it?

What I'm most worried about is the 155 deg angle, and night usage.

Thanks!
Link?

One of the SC YouTubers uses a Roav and even considering how YT butchers videos, I am not impressed with his vids. He does like the cam and it seems reliable enough, but I'd recommend getting a Viofo A129 Duo as a better cam and better deal ;)

Phil

I looked at 3 different dual cams. The Anker Roav Duo, The Toguard Duo and the Eachpai X200.

Each had something I didn't like. The Anker had only a 110 deg interior view, the Toguard had no GPS and the EachPai, well, I couldn't find a GPS module for it and even if I got one, it's got a 5000ft wire.. it's not connected directly to it...

I ordered the Anker since they have a free return policy on it. If I don't like it, I'll return it, then probably try the Eachpai. Oh, there is one other thing I don't like about the Eachpai. There doesn't seem to be a suction cup mount either... I really like being able to take the stuff on my windshield down and also like to be able to turn my dash cam, while on the mount.

So far I'm liking the individual lens adjustability of the B2W but it's not been released yet. Both the interior and exterior lenses rotate greatly and easily so you can grab practically anything within sight of the cam if you want, and there's a visible dot molded in to the lens modules which makes re-aiming easy. Much better than having to rotate the entire camera in the mount (y) The downside is that the form-factor won't work well for certain installs and that both cams are fixed in the same plane so up and down adjustment means moving both cams. My N2Pro interior lens only adjusts up and down which may help with interior shots of the lower rear seating area but I've not found that to be as useful as it may seem to be. And the cams with a separate rear/interior lens module are generally not readily adjustable for aim once installed.

There's no perfect cam for everyone and every cam will be a compromise of losing something useful to get something you want to have.

Phil

So far I'm liking the individual lens adjustability of the B2W but it's not been released yet. Both the interior and exterior lenses rotate greatly and easily so you can grab practically anything within sight of the cam if you want, and there's a visible dot molded in to the lens modules which makes re-aiming easy. Much better than having to rotate the entire camera in the mount (y) The downside is that the form-factor won't work well for certain installs and that both cams are fixed in the same plane so up and down adjustment means moving both cams. My N2Pro interior lens only adjusts up and down which may help with interior shots of the lower rear seating area but I've not found that to be as useful as it may seem to be. And the cams with a separate rear/interior lens module are generally not readily adjustable for aim once installed.

There's no perfect cam for everyone and every cam will be a compromise of losing something useful to get something you want to have.

Phil
I like the B2W too, the vertical adjustment is easy, you just need to set the lenses vertical, and then the horizontal adjustment and pointing them at the side windows is easy too.
It does come with a suction cup, although it doesn't give great positioning in my car, but I did find that the sticky mount stuck to the supplied electrostatic sticker makes for easy mounting and removal, not sure how many times you can reapply the electrostatic sticker, but it seemed to be very keen to reattach when I tried it and there was no way it was coming back off without peeling from a corner.

I hate this.
img4_1024x1024.jpeg

With / without its the same picture one are just made darker, it give no information about IR performance and me personally it just make suspicious, and think these guys are amateurs.
And it is not even a photo / freame grab from a dashcam judging by the angle, so to me that also just scream "creative with truth" and i have enough of that from the people i vote on.

I hate this.
img4_1024x1024.jpeg

With / without its the same picture one are just made darker, it give no information about IR performance and me personally it just make suspicious, and think these guys are amateurs.
And it is not even a photo / freame grab from a dashcam judging by the angle, so to me that also just scream "creative with truth" and i have enough of that from the people i vote on.

I hate the way they advertise it too.. and at 110 deg, it's really narrow, at least in my head. I've got it ordered so, once I get it, I'll do a review and do a comparison to the MASI M2 (Vantrue N2 Pro clone). If it doesn't work for me, it's going back..

Many of the angles you see on some cameras are often Diagonal FOV so the number are as large as possible, other down right lie about the FOV.
Other will claim 4K cuz the sensor are over 4 megapixel, or the camera are able to do extrapolated 4K output by scaling up a 1080 or a little larger resolution.

The actual FOV of 110 degrees are low, most seem to sit around 130 degrees, but i wouldn't say it is too low.
You dont have to record the kid coming pedaling at speed out of a driveway right in front of you, to prove there was nothing you can do to avoid running him over, the main thing is you record you was just merrily driving along upholding any traffic code, and then BAM.

B2W already possible to buy on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/133122893823 and on AliExpress

Thanks for the information (y) I would have expected something of an announcement on that here- maybe I missed it.

I prefer a wide FOV for a front cam as that can show more of what other cars are doing at intersections and such, but even the widest isn't quite enough for me so I use side cams to capture it all ;) Only a few manufacturer's list the FOV of their cams honestly. If you work things out with a protractor you'll find darn few cams give a 125 degree or wider FOV horizontally with most closer to 90 degrees. The only way to know what you'll get is to watch the vids posted from a cam and see if it looks wide enough for you.

Phil

The Anker Roav Dashcam Duo showed up today.. Packaging was nice.. It figures, but I also won an ebay auction for a new Eachpai X200. It looks like I'll be doing a comparison review on 2 different dash cams.. The MASI M2, this Roav Dashcam Duo, and the Eachpai X200.

Anker_Dashcam_Duo.jpg

OMG.. I had to post this pic for now.. I took the Anker Roav Dashcam Duo for a night time spin to see how the IR did for the interior.. and it's HORRIBLE!

Basically, it's only for to pick up what's dead in front of the interior cam.

roav_dashcam_duo_int_night.jpg

It seemed to me that at B2W the image in the cabin at night looks better

Without a doubt! Day footage isn't that good either.. They've sharpened it too much and you can't make out plates unless it's stopped in front of you.. I'll post a vid soon.

I'm really thinking the Anker Roav Dashcam Duo should be selling for no more than $50... Check out this video quality.. Anker needs to do a firmware update to better the video quality..

BTW, can they fix the cam focusing on the reflection of the dash on the windshield?

BTW, can they fix the cam focusing on the reflection of the dash on the windshield?
That is not really the camera's fault, you need either a non-reflective dashboard or a CPL filter to sort that. Camera might be making it worse than others would, but I would mainly blame the car. If the camera has problems seeing through the reflections then your eyes will also be having issues, cars should be designed not to cause windscreen reflections.

Your windscreen could also do with a good cleaning with detergent on the inside, not saying that the camera would suddenly become top quality, and it's not going to help the very poor interior view at night, but there is an improvement to be made there.

Yeah, I know I need to clean the windshield.. I generally just drive this thing since it's my beater car with close to 300K miles on it.

As for the reflection, I don't have issues with seeing though it. When it showed up on the video, I was like.. What the?? Because when I use my other cam in the car, I don't see it. Yes, I see a bit of reflection, but not like this.

Back